passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Monster Hunter World

DisturbedSwan

3 hours ago, Sly Reflex said:

Whatever these games have in store will be shit. They have a habit of throwing out everything that's enjoyable with the earlier monsters and just making them absolute cunts to fight.

That's a shame. Guess I'll not bother then ?

Just got to the Coral place. Fought the big Arctic Uno. Decided to try Diablos in an Expedition as I saw him when looking for Rathian, but he I'm just too underpowered I think as he buggered off after taking everything I had ?

Finished off the story earlier, took me 60 Hours.

Really enjoyed it, an absolutely incredible ride from start to finish and so incredibly compelling with friends.

I was a little disappointed by the monster variety as the back half is basically just a shit load of different dragons. I would’ve liked to have seen some more variety thrown in there.

Another minor complaint was that it’s a tad too easy. The health booster item you can equip in particular seems like a bit of a crutch and I never really had any problem with any of the Mons like I did previous games.

This is the first MH I’ve finished, put in around 75-90 hours into MH4U and only got up to HR6/7 so this has definitely been streamlined in that regard as well.

It sounds like I’m being negative, but throughout this has really been the MH I dreamed about after getting into 4U years back. Seeing the world in so much detail, in vivid 4K HDR and seeing these humongous intelligent monsters fighting against one another in front of me is a truly remarkable sight.

I really do think this is the RE4 moment for the series, cannot wait to see what Capcom do with the G rank stuff in the future and what new hunts/monster packs are introduced.

78BDD18A-7C9C-4D1B-A5CD-EA5F9C131E2E.jpeg

I'm nearly at 120 hours and I still haven't finished it.

I'm close though.  Just fought two of the other Elder Dragons and they are less of a problem than Negregante but they do have their own issues, it's just they don't one hit kill you.

I just need to investigate the wildlands some more and uncover the last idiot to carve up.

Well my complaints to @Sly Reflex last night on Discord about the bare bones end game seem to of been unfounded, there's definitely some meat to it that has revealed itself after I got up to HR29 in the form of 

Spoiler

tainted

monsters. 

I won't ruin the surprise for everyone about what the first Mon of this type is that you have to fight, but I will say it's a doozy. Bastard hard as well, one-shot kill attacks out the wazzoo, must've tried it 10-15 times with randoms before we finally managed it, even then I could barely attack it with the Glaive itself and had to mainly use the Kinsect to pepper it from afar. Ranged weapons are definitely the way to go, no idea how static weapon users will ever manage this.

Seems I was wrong about the way the level cap works too. 

Spoiler

You go up from HR15 to whatever the game calculates based on hunting experience with a cap of HR29. Once you reach HR29 you get another urgent quest against a couple of tainted monsters, then the level cap gets removed again up to HR49, with the game once again calculating your hunting experience to determine how much you jump up the ranks.

I'm never going to be able to beat Tempered Kirin, I'm sure of it.

So Kirin is an Electric Type and pretty much all of the high-level Mons have a weakness to thunder apart from Kirin.  So maybe I need to hunt a herd of Kirins for the armour to stand a chance against it.  But I don't really enjoy the fight a whole lot.  I guess it doesn't have a lot of HP but its small, quick and has powerful area attacks that still hit even when you think you're safe.  The Tempered Kirin does double horizontal lightning attacks and there was a point I was sure I was between them but safe... but no, insta-kill from full health.

But I've just been farming the heck out of the game now.  I have a lot of top-tier weapons and I have multiple sets of high-level armour (my Azure Rathalos set is the best thing I have with some thunder resistance) but I still can't beat this damn Tempered Kirin.

I have set a goal for myself though.  I want Hunter Rank 100 then I'll call it on the game.  But fucking Kirin...

Every time I come on to play this you're not on, or if you are on I've already commuted to playing something else with someone.

And yes, Kirin is a shit. It's relatively tiny compared to everything else and everyone crowds the bit where you're relatively safe to hit it, making it even harder to deal with.

21 hours ago, Sly Reflex said:

The later monsters are all shit.

Which point do those come in? Been naught and had a quick look at how far I am through the story. 

Spoiler

Not far off now. Beat Diablos other night. Looks like Zorah then harder/colour versions of some I've beaten already then four end beastie's. 

I'm still waiting for it to get hard (I will regret saying that I'm sure). I've hardly spent any spheres on my armour as I don't know what I like yet. I'm going with skills I like - rather than going straight for the highest defense or even element countering. 

22 minutes ago, ThreeFour said:

Which point do those come in? Been naught and had a quick look at how far I am through the story. 

Hide contents

Not far off now. Beat Diablos other night. Looks like Zorah then harder/colour versions of some I've beaten already then four end beastie's. 

I'm still waiting for it to get hard (I will regret saying that I'm sure). I've hardly spent any spheres on my armour as I don't know what I like yet. I'm going with skills I like - rather than going straight for the highest defense or even element countering. 

I think i'm at the same point you are, I beat Rathalos and Diablos last night. Rathalos wen't down really easily - took my shiny new Thunder blade in and wrecked him. Diablos was a bit trickier because he moved about fairly quickly, and kept burrowing during a charge attack I was locked into. Still had him on my first try though.

@ThreeFour When the words Elder Dragon start being thrown around that's when the fun goes down a sinkhole. They just feel super unfair in how they attack sometimes.

I don't know if you ever played Borderlands 2, but a lot of the raid bosses in that had moves that would nova out in big areas, adding an artificial difficulty. It's sort of like that.