passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Monster Hunter World

DisturbedSwan

There's being lucky and then there's this bullshit.

Also well done on the MHW purchase @ThreeFour. Wave bye to Destiny 2, you won't be needing it for a few months.

We come to the conclusion that some of the fur found in game as tracking marks is teasing the next DLC monster, which is a really cool way of doing it if that's the way it turns out. Fucking ace monster as well if it's the one we think it is. Can't wait to see that big bastard jumping about.

First of all, this isnt a dig at you at all @retroed and thanks for posting this, but I wish this sort of thing would fuck off. In a few months time people will be slating Monster Hunter and there will be a next best thing and it will be all 'Monster Hunter was shit blah blah'.

I think the state of gaming at the moment is in one of the worst places ive seen for a long time. Some great games are being released but I feel so jaded as a gamer and it feels at the moment like I cant be excited about a game purely for game playing reasons because of all the other shit that goes into it. Perhaps a lot of it is just the general zeitgeist at the moment of being the first to have that critically negative hot take on a particular thing, coupled with a lot of shady nonsense on display in a lot of my preferred few titles lately I dunno.

I do like Monster Hunter though and I do think its a great title that has been bucking the trend lately and hope it does really well, its a great series and im glad for its success so far.

EDIT: To highlight my issue with this video specifically, it seems to suggest that the Monster Hunter series was somehow made in answer to Destiny and the Division, where in fact it existed before those games did, in very much its current form, and the video's creator was just late to the party, largely because he was doing what he is still doing now, which is to find one title and hold it up as the alpha and the omega. Its the wrong attitude to have.

Just ignore it @Sambob. It's currently the in thing to slate Destiny and people that either enjoyed it in D1, or never enjoyed it, now feel some wierd satisfaction kicking it while it's down and proclaiming aloud they're done. Like some lover cheated on them. If Destiny was to come back to an amazing state people will be back. These games are two different experiences and won't replace or stop anyone who really likes what Destiny offers. When it's on form :ph34r:

It's wierd. Like people never thought to play other games. I never devote myself to one or two games. Right now Destiny has took a turn for the worst and so it's common sense and logical to try other stuff. Monster Hunter is in a right time right place scenario and no doubt benefitting a little from the current state of things. It's been on my radar as it seems well poised to dip into on a main console with some things streamlined. I really didn't get on with Tri.

Anyway I'm getting the hang of it now I think. Some things falling into place. Think I'll be ready for big purple T-Rex thing soon...

I feel you @Sambob.  As well as MH and Destiny in fighting games you have Marvel vs. Capcom and Dragon Ball FighterZ.  Lots of people using one game to tear down another and its just sad.  Obviously time and money are finite resources so oftentimes you can only pick one game but there seems to be a lot of glee around the failure of certain games.

I fucking adore MHW and FighterZ is excellent too, but I want Destiny 2 to sort it's shit out and be the game it could, I know there is a great game buried under MvC:I's issues and I'm not enjoying watching it flounder.

So it's not something I want to be part of and I just hope the right lessons are learnt from having a strong rival and we just get a better Destiny and a better Capcom crossover game.

Comparing Destiny to Monster Hunter is fucking stupid. And after some thought so is Dark Souls to Monster Hunter. All of them maybe have similarities but they're very different games. 

On 01/02/2018 at 4:54 AM, Sly Reflex said:

Yeah, you fucking sucked with the Charge Blade though, like watching someone in town busking with yo-yo busting out tricks. You saw some YouTube video and were trying to do guard points before knowing how to play the game. I remember, it was awful.

How long have we been playing games together? Coming on 10 years now? I've seen more than enough of you playing video games man. So, STFU Leeds! :lol:

When i was playing MH4U with you, i had basically just started it..Then i played through the campaign and got my bearings. 

I still haven't got round to playing this. I was sick, then sick again with something completely different + work has been crazy. Hopefully, this weekend if i'm not away some where. 

Played some more today. Figured some things out. Had a visit from the Monster Hunter Sage and picked his brains. 

There's layers to this that I can appreciate. It's one of those games that doesn't explain some things very well, but you kinda forgive that because there's so bloody much to explain. That, and it also expects you to put some work in. 

Spoiler

I'm letting the campaign kind of pull me along. 1) because it is unlocking things at a gradual pace. I'm in an extended tutorial. 2) I seems to give me what I need for things to come. I could've taken on Anjanath by now but what's the rush. I've beaten a creature that's given me materials to craft a Water weapon which will give me an edge when I meet up. Lo and behold - he's my target in the story next.

It seems I picked a difficult weapon to start with on my first proper MH (Insect Glaive). I've been enjoying it so I decided to stick with it and see if my awesome latent gaming skills can make good ?

:lol: I just need to make sure no one here sees me in action :ph34r:

I'm thinking though, I could be wrong, but seeing as it's a gear based system i.e. I'm not putting points into any sort of strength/dexterity style system, it offers up the possibility to craft other weapons at any time. Provided I have the spare monsters parts - but what's a bit more grinding. I could then choose a weapon for the job aswell as the armour. Which is cool but also less of a concern to what I've picked.

Helped a friend beat some of the lower level stuff last night and then went on to tackle some of the Vale. Finally have the option to upgrade to some of the meatier weapons and can also focus on armour skills that work together. I'm about 26 hours in now and feel like i've only just gotten started. Thinking about giving the bow a try later as I haven't touched anything other than the great sword.

@ThreeFour i'm happy to jump in if you ever want to co-op. I promise not to laugh at your awesome latent gaming skills. Much.

@ChimayAw mate I'm like an acrobatic pigeon. Thing of unremarkable beauty.

I'm always up for co-op. I'll usually be on with my 'crew' but if there's space your welcome to join. What's the deal with co-op requirements? I couldn't join Blakey as he was too high a level; he's Premier League, I'm National :lol:

10 minutes ago, Sambob said:

Worth noting that you can downgrade your weapons at any point and get a refund on materials, which is quite ace.

I did that last night as I thought I'd try poison. A question tho - How far back can you roll? If I went to the end of a tree could I go back and all way down a different one instead or am I to craft different elemental gear?