passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The MFGamers Podcast

Hendo

On 12/08/2018 at 13:09, DANGERMAN said:

MFGamers Podcast  - Top 10 Episode 01

The first of the Top 10 podcasts featuring Hendo talking about some of his favourite games

Music by Rico

Download the episode here.

This was a brilliant episode. Nice one @DANGERMAN and @Hendo.

Excellent choices that really made me reminisce, especially CoD4 and the DS games. What a machine. It's a shame DS WiFi connection is no more. 

As soon as you mentioned Puzzle Quest the music started playing in my head.

12 hours ago, radiofloyd said:

Drink a shot every time Blakey says gangbusters.

Listened to the whole thing, that was great

Did that. Regretted it ? Bloody softy n his new favourite words ?

Caught up on the podcasts I've missed since being away. Good stuff boys ? 

I see Marks back. At least I think it is. Nice one ? how's the Philippines? 

So I chill out on the couch, put the latest MFGamers podcast on and I find I get moaned at in the intervals.  I guess I never posted because I don't think a lot about predicting how well something will do or if it will be good or not, I just keep an eye on what I'm interested in and I'm just a bit Que Sera, Sera about it.  Proper flops are a rare thing and I think 95% will find an audience to sustain them.

But if anyone wants to know my expertise on how well the fighting games will do well I'll post a little something.

Soul Calibur VI

I don't really know.  Tekken 7 did really well out of the gate but dropped like a stone after a month.  But at the same time, it has done well enough long term to justify a second season of characters.  I suspect SC will do similarly.  I always felt like SC was in the shadow of Tekken but I see more excitement for SCVI than I did for Tekken 7 but I wasn't really paying attention to that so I can't say for sure.  I think it might do better than Tekken 7.

Dragon Ball FighterZ Switch

I dunno.  I've seen the beta been played and it looks and runs a lot like the home version, and the online looks to be not that far away from it.  I can see some double dipping by the Serious Boys who like the idea of getting some lab time during their train journeys and lunch breaks.  I think they could pick up some stragglers that missed the original release but I wonder if it was maybe more of a tech test for the developers.

SNK HEROINES ~Tag Team Frenzy~

I don't have a clue.  It's for the weeb boys who like their young girls all blushing and tits.  I'm sure it will do fine.  It has a gender-swapped Terry Bogard (Terri?) in it.  Her hat says "Fatal Cutie" on it.  That's all I have to say about it.

Apart from SCVI the fighting game I'm looking forward to is Blade Strangers:

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Sly Reflex said:

Is that a gerbil in a fighting game? What is this madness?

I think its a big cat.  The cast is a strange bunch.

Developed in Japan by Studio Saizensen, Blade Strangers is an arcade-style fighting game featuring playable characters from Cave Story+, Code of Princess EX, The Binding of Isaac, Shovel Knight, Azure Striker Gunvolt 2 and more.

Yeah, I don't know what Code of Princess is either.  Japan's answer to Call of Duty for all I know.

10 hours ago, Chimay said:

Listened to the first thirty mins on the way to work this morning - good stuff.

Might be showing my age here, but I was perplexed as to why Blakey was saying 'gangbusters' all the time. I'm clearly not down with the kids.

I bet he dabs as well. 

At the boardgame group I go to there is a young guy there who unironically dabs at everything. I find it very disconcerting.

9 minutes ago, Jimbo Xiii said:

I bet he dabs as well. 

At the boardgame group I go to there is a young guy there who unironically dabs at everything. I find it very disconcerting.

I was in Tesco once and heard two 'young uns' having the following conversation

"awwwww Tiger Bread bro! Feel me?"

"truf bruv, truf"

It was actually quite an endearing moment, but I had to rush down another aisle before I burst out laughing

I think I can be down with the youth on tiger bread. 

I think I'd like someone to dab unironically in front of me.  I used to work with someone who was known to do it but they never did in my presence.  Maybe he felt it wasn't possible to do around someone born in the 80s, like he wouldn't do it around his grandparents. 

Dammit I'm not over the hill yet is what I'm saying *dabs*

• Hendo featured, pinned and unfeatured this topic