Hendo

"Sly, we're not going to fight about this okay?"
"Hendo, I think I told you I'm a lover not a fighter"
"I've heard it all before, Sly"
"She told me that I'm her forever lover, don't you remember?"
"Well, after loving me she said she could never love another"

On 04/02/2018 at 2:47 AM, Sly Reflex said:

MFGamers Podcast  - 20 Questions Episode 2

I host a surprise guest who I asked 20 gaming related questions.

Hosted and edited by Simon, with thanks to the surprise guest.

Intro/Outro by @mr lakitu

Background music by @Hendo

Download the episode here.
Subscribe to the feed here.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/mfgamers/id1318429602

Just finished this. Another great episode! 

Thanks, @retroed. :)

Just listened back to the outtakes of the next intro. No @hendo featured, but I make enough mistakes to cover both of us. I really should have saved each run through, because there were some beauties that I did, I didn't think much of it. It'd have added another 10 minutes to the show that was just pure frustration on my end.

So @Blakey @spatular and everyone else.

How about recording a podcast about Xenoblade Chronicles 2?

I don't mind hosting or if someone else wants to host. I've thought about the way I'd like to approach it but of course we can discuss that before recording. 

My general idea is:

First, a brief explanation of Xenoblade Chronicles 2, what kind of game it is and who developed it.

Then everyone introduce their experience with the Xenoblade Chronicles series and the Xeno universe (Xenogears, Xenosaga) in general, and what their expectations were for XC2.

Then, did the game live up to those expectations, overall impression of the game, what stood out about the game (in brief).

Then, discuss the game in more detail. The battle system, the story, the graphics,  the music, voice acting, exploration, blades, merc missions and anything else I've forgotten. Also, what didn't work in the game. This will be the main body of the podcast.

Closing comments, rating out of 10, how does it compare to other jrpgs you've played.

Anyone up for it?

So in the episodes I do I generally run a google doc full of notes to try and keep stuff somewhat organised, as well as put links to songs I want in the background and other ideas for editing and general direction. This document just hit 16 pages long and I've not even sorted out a track list for it yet. :blink:

How long was the longest podcast every recorded by the people here? Two or 3 hours?

4 hours ago, ThreeFour said:

That title theme is like something off Streets of Rage  ?

Good stuff. Winner is @Sly Reflex that Halo theme is da bomb.

Cheers, I was going for bog standard chip tune, but failed somewhere along the way and ended up with that which still works.

I think the Halo one is actually my least favourite, not the biggest fan of widdly guitar. I think my favourite one of these is the last track - a rarely successful reinvention of a song. Sounds nothing like the original and kicks like a mule.

On 11/02/2018 at 12:58 PM, Hendo said:

MFGamers Podcast  - Music From Games volume 2

In the second video game music special, we hear licensed music and remixes chosen by me, @illdog, Mark, @Sly Reflex and @retroed.
Theme music arrangement by me from the original theme by Mark.

Download the episode here.
Subscribe to the feed here.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/mfgamers/id1318429602

Twas dope, @Hendo. I laughed out loud three time - calling Lakita a twot, then calling Lakitu everyones favorite twot, then calling us all a big bag of cunts. Well played.

• Hendo featured, pinned and unfeatured this topic