passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The MFGamers Podcast

Hendo

1 minute ago, Hendo said:

You and Sly should do a Monster Hunter special.

This is already being built. I need someone who is completely new to the series or has played the MH games but MHW is the first one they've spent proper time on for the third seat.

1 hour ago, radiofloyd said:

Would be cool to do a Xenoblade Chronicles 2 one with me, Spatular and Blakey and anybody else who has an opinion on the game. Just let me finish it first...

That's something I would listen to. It's on your back to make it happen though. It would be nice if we could have something like that once per month on a specific game that's been out that goes into a bit of depth, undertaken by a different person maybe to spread the workload and have a wider selection of games. People have to step up to the plate to make it happen.

Nice one fellas. Man I was so hung over for that. I contemplated dipping out but didn't want to be a letdown. Got in like 20 minutes before we started and started panicking because my headset and mic seemed to be having issues. 

But anyway it got done. Good talking to @Hendo and @regemond

I'm always up for helping out in future if people want. Talking side of it. Maybe when I've played around I'll host some stuff down the line. Ordered a mic stand and sorting my headset issue, so no worries ?

Nothing Hendo wrote in the Editing 101 thread sounds too complicated so I'd be willing to try editing (and hosting). Probably hold off on investing in a mic though until I get a bit more experience and decide whether I like it or not. Sex I mean.

MFGamers Podcast  - 20 Questions Episode 2

I host a surprise guest who I asked 20 gaming related questions.

Hosted and edited by Simon, with thanks to the surprise guest.

Intro/Outro by @mr lakitu

Background music by @Hendo

Download the episode here.
Subscribe to the feed here.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/mfgamers/id1318429602

That was really interesting, listened to it all. Have to go back and listen to the first one.

By the way, on the subject of Streets of Rage type games, Team 17 and some ex-Rare developers announced a new beat 'em up called Raging Justice this week.

?

Nice one @Sly Reflex particularly liked the Mass Effect background music on that question ? Good editing as I know I was really flagging at points there. 

Sorted my mic and headset now. At least I think I have. It now recognises them and my waveform looks normal in Audacity. Won't know for sure till I talk to someone I suppose ?

I'm glad you've liked this as I've 2 more lined up. One is recorded and the other is being organised. You've a long wait to get to those at 1 per month though. I got turned down by two people (:() that I wanted to get on but hopefully I'll managed to get everyone else on. I want to get @mr lakitu on as well, but not with the quality of recording he's going to be able to provide without a better set up. Your ears deserve better quality than that.

Other shows I have planned are in the pipeline. One is currently well underway and will be the next non-20 Questions that comes out. Not sure when that will be out, it's a pretty big undertaking that has a lot of things that need doing. There's a couple of other big projects further down the line as well, hoping to give you some original content to listen to that hopefully people find interesting even if it's not super entertaining with a variety of different guests so it doesn't feel too samey. The topics I've chosen to follow leave a lot of options for people like  @radiofloyd and @ThreeFour (and anyone else for that matter) wanting to come in and host/edit, I'm trying to go off the beaten path so there's some more well proven and tested ideas out there that people can take should they choose to do so.

You should do a recording with Mark in person, seeing as you’re both dirty Yorkshire dogs.

The next project me and Sly are doing together is going to be nuts. The intro alone is a mammoth undertaking that is gonna take a lot of guts for me to record and let people hear.

• Hendo featured, pinned and unfeatured this topic