passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Battlefield V

DisturbedSwan

Had a think over what I've seen.

The Good.

Old conquest rules are back. BF1's conquest rules were terrible, they knew that after the beta they had and they still went along with it. Hopefully the loser gets new toys stuff is gone as well. All that did was make the people that were in it for K/D sit on the spawn screen while the rest of the team was getting battered making it worse for them so that they could snipe the powerful gunner seat. The key shouldn't be giving the losing side tool to push back, it should be provided in making maps where a team can't be spawn trapped.

Health regen and low ammo counts. With any luck this will stimulate people wanting to go medic for the heals and support for the ammo. The way that they've done it previously and fucked about trying to make them combat medics has attracted the wrong mindset of players that should be picking this class up. It's no good equipping players with stuff to heal and revive players when all they're interested in that particular kit is the gun because it's the easiest to get kills with. The issue might continue with selfish players just healing or feeding themselves, but hopefully these changes will make people more aware they should be playing as a team. The low ammo count might also make people use secondaries more often.

You spawn into a squad as default. BF1 had you do the opposite. I saw games where nearly all the letters of the alphabet was used because people were in solo squads. No idea how that got through QA, it was a shite idea.

The revive stuff. I like how they've totally given up on just letting one class revive, as seen in previous games if you do that people are so focused on just shooting that they ignore people calling for revives. Dragging bodies to safer areas to be revived is a good idea because it means you're not going to have those mad revive into death chains that can happen all the time in previous games. However, it wouldn't surprise me if some cunts use the dragging of people to troll, mainly because people are cunts.

Elite classes are gone. That shit should have never have seen light outside of a Battlefront game. They were an absolute blight in BF1. Good riddance.

The better movement stuff sounds great. Diving about and being able to roadie run like in Gears of War should allow better freedom to the player and map permitting give them better tools to use all the stuff the game has.

Server side patches. If you've played Warframe you'll know these are the tits. Something fucked? They can sort that and you can keep on playing.

No Premium. But at what cost? Have they learned their lesson, or are the players about to be fucked again, just in a different hole. I'm going to be optimistic although I've a feeling this will come back to bite players in the long run.

The Indifferent.

Fortifications and the fact that all classes can build. Sounds a bit Fortnite doesn't it? Well I've got some news for you. This is nothing new. You could repair bridges in BF2 whenever that released in the 00's. They've built it up a bit more. Might add tactics. Might just add frustration. Nobody knows yet.

Physical interaction with items in the world. Could be good. Could be bad. It might make recon players move off their arses to go find ammo instead of being magically resupplied by the magic ammo fairy. Who knows?

Altered spotting. This shit hasn't been right since they started it with Bad Company 2, and even then it was a bit weird at times. I hope you don't need to be pinpoint accurate, because playing with a pad doesn't allow that. There should be some leeway between the madness of spotting half the server with spot spamming and having to be so pinpoint accurate I might as well not spot at all because it's just easier to shoot. Also, I don;'t know why they don't do this, but any target you shoot at should just auto spot, just like it did in Bad Company 1 before they started with this optional spotting mechanic.

The Bad.

Company of soldiers. Just no. You should get the four classes and that's it. Sure, alter the guns applicable to those specific classes but that's it. This is bloat, pure and simple. This is a side effect of them wanting you to play Barbie and Ken with your games. There's absolutely no reason for it at all. It's giving you more dolls to dress up. Speaking of which...

Customisation of soldiers on an aesthetic level. Picture the scene. You sneak up on a squad of 5, they have no idea you're there. You have to quickly identify the biggest threat and deal with them so that the next 4 will be easier to deal with if they notice you're there. So you single out the medics to prevent them from reviving quickly. Except you can't tell which player is the medic because they all look completely different. Another instance. You roll over the kill onto a squad while commanding a tank. You need to pick out the engineer. How do you know until it's too late? If he fires off a rocket you've taken damage you shouldn't have taken because it was too hard to identify the largest threat to you in that circumstance. Unless the extra bits and bobs they allow you to change is just extra pockets or trinkets that don't matter at a distance, then this is one of the shittiest ideas to come out of this game. The only way it could get worse is if you can't do this in-game and to alter how you look or how your loadout is controlled is through an app. Because we all need more apps on our phones skimming data so they can sell it.

Classes having a create a subclass. Again, if I see a medic, I need to know they have the relevant gear equipped. If I'm hurt and I need heals, what fucking good is a medic class without bandages? Same with an engineer without a repair tool. At a glance you need to know who has what and by definition what equipment they're carrying. It's no good to see a support that might possibly be carry ammo, he needs to be carrying ammo. No if's or buts. Never mind trying to crowbar subclasses into classes, bring back the other classes and give them a job on the battlefield so we don't have these players masquerading as a job they cannot do. Also get to fuck with these CoD like skills like silent footsteps. That's no place in this series.

Squad call ins. This is kill streaks retrofitted into a Battlefield game. It has no place being in the game at all. They've put all the stuff from commander mode into each squad. It was bad enough that you'd have missiles dropping into the playing area before, but it was timed out at least and only available to one commander. The squad survival bonus stuff was idiotic anyway, but this takes the piss a little bit. It's not an extra grenade or allowing you to drop from higher without taking damage. Squad leader should be a job for those wanting to direct, but putting this in is just going to attract people that want to abuse it. I really hope they've not made this unbearable because there's a severe chance that the frequency that they hit is so common that it becomes frustrating.

Fucking prone. I get diving around is cool but prone is still a shite idea when the maps are so big.

The good outweighs the bad, but the bad has a real chance of completely fucking up the game depending on the levels of severity they're allowed to get away with.

5 minutes ago, Sambob said:

I havnt watched it and read about it, but im guessing you cant have teams all pile into a chopper and do funny chopper shenanigans like you could in the last half decent one?

I miss the chopper. Easy to shoot down and good fun to fly. First and only time I've ever been accused of 'kill boosting', whatever that is. If you're dumb snipers wanting to keep spawning on top of the same sky scraper, I'm going to take pleasure in mowing you down ?

I used to use them as a way to get out to those snipers on the buildings or hills and sneak up and stab or headshot them, was the best way for me to unlock the scopes for my own sniper rifles. The irony of earning the best sniper rifle upgrades by getting 3 meter away headshots on lying down snipers was too delicious for me.

Wait Wait Wait, just seen the trailer,  I apologise for the over use of pauses here but it feels necessary too. So...... somebody throws a grenade.... AT a plane................and then the team mate shoots the grenade - in the air - and it blows up the plane?

Yeah, that's another thing I forgot to mention in the big post. You can pick up grenades and throw them back, as well as shoot them out the air.The throwing grenades back stuff doesn't bother me, but really there's no need for the mechanics to be there. The maps are big and grenades are used to push people out of areas.

Blowing them up is bad. If I hear someone shout frag out I'm going to look for the path of the grenade. In the chaos of a fight it could be easily missed that it's being blown up. Plus what are the parameters of blowing up grenades? Can you shoot one while it's in someones hand leading to an instakill? It's hard enough to shoot someone in the head when they're moving at normal speed, never mind something a fraction of that size moving at multiples of speed. It's going to be so random that you're never going to pull it off on purpose and when it does happen you're going to be confused to what just happened.

For instance I managed to shoot a grenade out of the hand of an NPC mob in The Division. I only managed to do that because he paused to do the 'nade animation and I had a shit shot. 100+ hours and I saw it once. It's highly unlikely people will be seeing it a lot unless the game is rigged for it to happen.

Id rather have the ability to buckle my shoes than to shoot grenades mid air. Will a shotgun just insta hit grenades? Does a heavy machine gun act like some sort of shield now? its just stupid. If the game has even the slightest bit of hit detection lag people will say 'fix that rather than make grenades shootable'. Ive just said it actually.

Won’t be Day 1 on this due to its proximity to RDR2 but will hopefully give it a go before the year is out.

Missed the reveal event and all I know about it is what’s been in this thread but I’m so up for WW2.

1 hour ago, Sambob said:

Id rather have the ability to buckle my shoes than to shoot grenades mid air. Will a shotgun just insta hit grenades? Does a heavy machine gun act like some sort of shield now? its just stupid. If the game has even the slightest bit of hit detection lag people will say 'fix that rather than make grenades shootable'. Ive just said it actually.

I guess it depends on the size of the hitbox for the grenade and also the tickrate of the server. UI'm with you though, I'd rather the game be nice and stable than having frivolous stuff like that in. It's just more stuff to track which will impede the quality of what's going on. Makes me wonder if stuff like missiles can be shot as well. I know you could shoot the cruise missile down in BF4 when the commander called it in.

So the collecters edition is gonna have a man on the cover.

I'm wondering if I can go viral making a Tweet about how, back in my day, we didn't have to pay an $20 to get a man on the box.  But I don't own any old EA games with a man on the box.  I only own the original Mirror's Edge.  Maybe women have taken over!

*checks pants for penis*

It's gone!

12 hours ago, DifferentClass said:

So the collecters edition is gonna have a man on the cover.

I'm wondering if I can go viral making a Tweet about how, back in my day, we didn't have to pay an $20 to get a man on the box.

How long before someone makes a politically charged statement on the gender pay gap?

'See? Men are getting 33% more now!'

• 2 weeks later...

I have no idea why EA left this sort of stuff for the youtubers...But this looks great..

Getting Port Valdez/Nelson Bay vibes from that map. 

Battle Royal mode announced too.

Edit: Pinging points of interest hasn't been in a BF game before has it? Very useful if you're solo queuing too.

14 minutes ago, Sly Reflex said:

I'm still waiting for the catch. Looks too good, there has to be a catch.

Hopefully not :( 

Grabbing the persons hand and pulling them up when you're reviving is a nice touch as well.