Sign in to follow this  
regemond

Assassin's Creed Origins

Mucked about with the Discovery mode on this earlier, it's not something I was overly looking forward to and I only did what was needed for the achievements that were tied to it.

It's straight forward enough, pick a tour (there's 75 of them:blink:) follow the trail along the points and listen to the narrator... or leg it through as fast as possible if you're anything like me.

Although I wasn't overly interested I will say it definitely rammed home just how much thought went into this thing and the details of the open world... It's given me a new found respect for how much time and effort go in to these things and a lot of the time some of these can fly straight over my head.

Looks pretty good, giant scorpions are always a good thing...

This was a hard game to get in to after God of War. It has a similar button layout but everything felt so floaty and impresice after the ditrect combat of GoW. And I HATED the mouse style menu control.

But, it didn't take long to acclimatise, the opening mission is quite poor but once you get above ground and discover what this game is shit gets better.

I'm in to it right now, like balls deep. Just hit Level 11, got re-united with Aya who is hot and just happy to bumble about doing the millions of things this game wants you to do.

45 hours later...

Im done with the main quest and I think with the game. I enjoyed most of my time with it, I did get a little bored here and there but that may have been my fault for binge playing. Although the gameplay loop can get repetitive. Yet that’s also what hooks me in...

I like Byek, he’s cool as fuck. And Aya is super badass, I liked their relationship, it was well done I thought.

There’s still a decent amount left to do but I feel content with what I’ve played. That’s new to me, I normally bum these games to death but this is fucking huge and 45 hours is enough when one has so many games to play.

I respect the team for trying something different though. Looks like Odyssey will be different again - keep it moving.