passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Super Mario Odyssey

Hendo

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been dipping in and out of this game and I've come to the conclusion it's the story of a man on the mother of all acid trips. It just throws so many crazy little moments at you. In two minutes I'd become a manhole cover, been chased by a t-rex on a moped, rescued a musician from a roof and partied with a room full of Frank Sinatra lookalikes.

Nintendo, don't ever change.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been chipping away at this, it's become my go to game when I can't be arsed to do anything else. I think i'm at about 170 moons or so, so a long way to go, although I'm now at Bowsers bit. Saying that, i've glimpsed a few hidden worlds via paintings so i'm guessing the game opens up more once you 'beat' it.

I still have loads to do on this, played a little bit one weekend when I went to my Dads and then just didnt pick it back up again. Got Mario kart to dig through too, for some reason my Switch just isnt appealing to me.

1 hour ago, Sambob said:

for some reason my Switch just isnt appealing to me

I'm fully on board with this statement. As a concept, it's absolutely fantastic, and I've got no buyer's remorse whatsoever, but it's just not hitting the spot for me. I just don't have the motivation to play it consistently. If I'm at home, I'm more likely to play the PS4 or Xbox, and when I'm out and about I'm more likely to read my Kindle. I think I need to find my ideal place to play it, but it's just not getting the love I want to give it right now.

I'm the opposite. Monster Hunter aside the Switch is currently my go-to console and it gets me brownie points for letting my wife watch whatever bollocks she likes on the big TV (I don't mean that dismissively - she'll admit herself that she gets some strange guilty pleasure out of watching utter tripe).

I think for me (I know we are talking about this in the wrong thread @admin please feel free to move this) I think its coincided with a resurgence of PC gaming, and that basically has opened me up to a new group of my friends that always played on PC, and a huge offering of games that I just didnt play on the PC. Its also got that thing of not taking up the main TV like the Switch has.

Its not like I dont like the Switch, exactly as @regemond said I love it and think its a great concept, I just totally randomly fell in love with PC gaming at a similar time I got the Switch.

• 2 weeks later...

So I've just watched, and thoroughly enjoyed, this video on the game.

Personally, I'm currently between the first and second endings. Nice little watch.

Spoilers within for those that haven't finished it yet.

• 3 months later...

Was round my cousins for lunch today and her 5 year old is obsessed with this game. He’s really good at it as well. We played a little co-op and it whet my whistle for a return spell.

Anyway, you know we all kind of wish that we could get an hour count on the games we played back in the day (original Sonic, Super Mario Kart and Secret of Mana are ones I’d love to know)? Obviously these days you can. His mum didn’t know you could find out such things, she was mortified to see his hour count:

6878EB5E-088D-49D4-90FE-2AD5F3BFE1C6.jpeg

His Sonic game times are something else as well!

Anyway, went back to the post game super tough level and I still can’t fucking do it. God damn it’s annoying.