passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Yakuza Kiwami 2

DisturbedSwan

There was a drought for so long and now we've got Yakuza games up to our eyeballs, love it! :wub:

No Western release confirmed for Kiwami 2 (my guess would be PSX), but yeah I hope It'll be out sometime next year over here, once I play & finish Kiwami, Yakuza 2 will be the only one I've not played.

In this Stream:

with Sega head Toshihiro Nagoshi he explained details on their earlier announcements. One of those was to confirm that the Fist of the North Star game was running on the studio’s older Yakuza 0 engine and the other fun titbit was that Yakuza Kiwami 2 is only happening due to how well Yakuza 0 and Yakuza Kiwami performed with pre-orders and overall sales.

According to NeoGAF poster Gacha-pin, he specifically mentioned ‘Yakuza‘ and not ‘Ryū Ga Gotoku‘ (Like a Dragon) as the franchise is known as in Japan and Asian countries. This means that maybe SEGA is finally impressed with how the game has performed in Europe and in the Americas? We are getting a impressive Yakuza 6 premium edition and it seemed that when Yakuza 0 came out it kept selling out on Amazon. Its good to see a game that I have been following for more than a decade finally get the recognition it deserves outside of Japan. Seeing as SEGA America is already asking fans if they are hyped for the upcoming Yakuza games, I would wager that we will be getting more Yakuza titles in the future. Good times.

That means that the Western fan base is something Sega actually cares about!!!! WE DID IT BOYS AND GIRLS! We got into the promised land! IN-FUCKING-CREDIBLE!

• 6 months later...
7 hours ago, DANGERMAN said:

But it does seem like far too much Yakuza in the space of 18 months 

After all these years waiting donkeys years for translations and all but giving up on the games releasing in the West, too much Yakuza can only be a good thing for fans right now.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...