passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Detroit: Become Human

radiofloyd

Had a go on the demo. Not sure. I don't know if I'm just not interested in this linear story experience anymore. It was just a case of look around, find some clues for response options, and try to make rushed decisions in a scenario. All familiar if you've played Cage's previous games. 

I'll put this onto the maybe pile.

I liked the demo. Played it with my parents and was having them shout out the decisions they wanted Connor to make.

It is all familiar if you’ve played one of Cage’s games before. The investigation stuff was interesting but not mind blowing in this day and age - think Batman: AK/Batman: AO set the bar for investigation modes - and this doesn’t really do much outside that mould.

Only when I headed outside onto the terrace did it get good, felt my heart racing as I really wanted Connor to save the little girls life and not fuck it up.

Telltale and Dontnod have already done Cage’s style of games better, but it’s just great to see a game like this with a AAA budget behind it. 

I loved Fahrenheit and Heavy Rain but felt Beyond was hot garbage. This is meant to be more like Heavy Rain.

I want experimental games like this to succeed and show they can sell, so I’m there Day 1. I want to see more kooky mad games with crazy control schemes and QTEs.

1 minute ago, ThreeFour said:

How did you end the demo? 

Hide contents

I sacrificed myself. I thought it meant take me hostage instead. Didn't realize I'd get shot and killed ? Can androids be killed ? at least she was saved.

Spoiler

Ah ok, seen a ton of folks say they got Connor killed, seen a lot of people say the bad android leapt off the ledge with the girl and you dive and save her with Connor but Connor dies.

For me I managed to gain the bad android's (Daniel) Trust - and save the cop on the terrace, I convinced him to let the girl go and then the police snipers killed Daniel :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...