passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Sea of Thieves

DisturbedSwan

8 hours ago, radiofloyd said:

Oh I thought the game was out this week, my mistake!

Came out today, but yeah always online world and all that, reviewers need servers to be populated etc. so it will take them a couple weeks I reckon, maybe the first will be in the bag by this time next week if one reviewer goes HAM on it, who knows haha.

I'd say a 79. I think this game will be a massive hit until people realise it's the same idea as the crate system in GTA Online and the Darkzone from Division. As soon as the griefing starts that's when people will throw the towel in, I'm guessing a month or so.

Yes it’s PvPvE like the Division’s Dark Zone and getting the loot out is a similarly nerve wrecking experience but that’s as far as it goes really. There’s no crazy coloured loot levels in SoT, not tons of different weapons, the map is huge compared to the Dark Zone too so there’s a high chance you’ll go hours without even seeing another ship.

Not to mention you didn’t have a huge galleon to pilot with 3 other dudes in the Division ?

No idea about GTA Online but if I had to provide a comparison myself I’d say Elite Dangerous. 

A month is a decent prediction from Si anyway, the last game he expected to last a month was Overwatch ?

The whole point is to get chests as I understand it. Get the chests and go to the secret island.

You get chests by going on adventures. You need to go to a place to cash the chests in to get rewards. You can have your chests stolen or steal chests from other players.

You get loot by going on adventures. You need to go to a place to extract the loot in to get rewards. You can have your loot stolen or steal loot from other players.

You get cars by going on missions. You need to go to a place to cash the cars in to get paid. You can have your cars stolen or steal chests from other players.

Elite's a close comparison though, close enough to see why you'd say that. The payoff isn't really worth the "Step 1: Be a dick, Step 2: Profit!" mechanics of those games I mentioned.

The Treasure Hunting is just 1 of 3 factions.

The 2nd one you have to capture certain animals and pick up supplies like tea/ spices etc. For merchants and the 3rd is a riff on horde mode, you go to an island have to fight off a few waves of Skeletons before killing their captain :)

More of my impressions in in the SoT thread when I get the time, for now though it’s back to the high seas! ☠️?☠️?