passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Sea of Thieves

DisturbedSwan

Reviews are slowly trickling in:

67% average from 6 critic reviews on Metacritic

61% average from 12 scored reviews on OpenCritic

Should've realised multiplayer-only games with little story (like Rainbow Six Siege and the original Destiny before it) tend not to review well and of adjusted my prediction a bit lower. I knew from some of the beta murmurings it was going to be divisive amongst reviewers, but I'm still a bit surprised at how low some of the scores have been.

Still early days though, plenty of other reviewers taking their time to digest the game and let it masticate before slapping a score on it thankfully.

No Mans Sky scored better. 71. I see a lot of people comparing the games, although I don't think that's fair since NMS has had loads of content added to it since it's critically mauling back when it released. SoT needs to get the wind in its sails before people start writing it off completely.

Scoring games is pointless anyway. Everybody is so obsessed with marking shit out of 10 like it matters.

• 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...
On 23/03/2018 at 01:43, Sly Reflex said:

SoT needs to get the wind in its sails before people start writing it off completely.

And it has a fucking gale blowing now. Superb game now, loads to do and also even if you get robbed you still make money from picking up pouches of gold.