passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

NieR: Automata

DANGERMAN

1 minute ago, Nag said:

Yeah @DANGERMAN think of all those Xbox One owner's on the forum who are gonna play it and then vote....

you, @illdog and @retroed (presumably he's bought an xbox along with everything else) will buy it again, and you've got new-found xbot @Hendo joining you after the conference tonight. I'll vote for it, there's been nothing better this year...

Let's put it this way, I can see myself saying Nier Automata was the MFGamers 2018 Game of the Year  

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2018 at 6:36 PM, DANGERMAN said:

you, @illdog and @retroed (presumably he's bought an xbox along with everything else) will buy it again,@Hendo

No way i'm buying it again.

I have started playing it again. I never finished Route B so I resumed my game and i was half hour away from the end. Story has taken a sharp turn.

Playing through Route C which has, gameplay wise, been god damn awful.

Route C is kicking my ass.

The battle at the start when you control 9S with all the jamming of skills and vision blocking was super hard (and boring). Then that slow limp to the bridge for your encounter with A2... i twice got hit it to the pitt by enemies and she just takes forever to move when she's knocked down. Now i'm constantly dying at Hegel

. First time I didnt save and had to sit through the fucking dialogue again. Then once i'd saved at the desert i had to fight the three goliaths twice. Turns out you can save when two are dead and only have to fight one but still the boss fight is a huge step up. Not enjoying it so much at the moment.

It's odd. It's like an all time high with the story and an all time low with the gameplay.

Properly ? It's a game with some of last gen tropes in its fetch questy side quests stuff that's not really all that engaging. It's got a good story but at no point is there any in-game warning about some arbitrary lvl jump that IMO is just not needed. Especially as it's not like you can go out and level up a bit your stuck at that level engaging higher lvl dickholes. You can't blame the gamer when the game doesn't really handle the whole RPG lvl enemy encounter thing. With the right chip mods you stomp everything, so taking your lvl into account isn't taught like it would be in other games.

Anyway you can't say 'properly'. You is a pussy and you know why ?

43 minutes ago, Nag said:

For people who didn't play the game properly maybe

Bitchy fucker innit?

I had little to now interest in side quests as they were almost all fetch quests and the combat is my least favorite part of the game and I've avoided it at all costs. Due to this bare bones approcach I appear to be underleveled at 41, as a bit of reading on the subject revelas most are around level 60 by this point.

I haven't been upgrading my weapons properly either I dont think.

At 20 lvls below they're stomping you. 

I actually got halfway through route C in stubborn defiance before I dropped it to quickly boost my lvl then put it back. It's easy to avoid getting hit but one stray hit you is dead. Tedious.

2 minutes ago, ThreeFour said:

It is a great game nonetheless. Enough bashing.

Let's see if @illdog has the balls.

Oh I got balls dude, there's pics on the internet that proves it.

I'll be going back to it, just it had to go off for today or something would of gotten broken.