passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Final Fantasy XV

Sambob

• 1 month later...

Started the process of turning my Switch into a Final Fantasy machine by downloading the pocket edition of this.

I played the full fat version at launch and enjoyed it, although I seemed to enjoy the things others found wanting, like the combat and story, while moaning in forums about the thing everyone seemed to like - the bogus open world and its seemingly endless fetch quests.

But here there is no open world. It's just the story, combat, cooking and character interactions. 

I'll reserve judgement on whether that makes it better. But, to be honest, it might?.

Explains why you are all over it you appendage short of a person 

This game just isn’t for me. Call me when they go back to making good Final Fantasy and not Final Fantasy via Leona Lewis and Westlife

Really the best one is XIV cause when they made it first and it was shit Square summoned Bahamut to destroy the shit game and replace it with an excellent one which is an amazing feat that I'm sure will never happen again .

Anyway you do need to watch that film. Yes it's a refresh of evil empire wants a crystal but it introduces the villain and there are major baddy characters in XV who have literally just got one scene in the game but are still important players in the plot but with no real in-game explanation of who they are or why they're important cause they took their parts out of the game and put it in a film instead and just acted like you should recognise them already.

Oh, funny how the one you like the most is the ‘best one’. Where is your objectivity? My list is a cold hard list of fact. These are the best FF games. You don’t have to like it, but you do have to admit it

I've always thought that this game went into its vast overspend and delay because, at one point, it basically did exist as the pocket edition, albeit with the proper graphics. 

That open world was an afterthought, an attempt to lengthen the experience if anything, while all the actual meat of the game still played out in corridors, with no draw on the open world at all.

It started as Final Fantasy Versus XII intended for PS3. Six years after announcement it was changed to FFXV, changed producers, got re-written, and then took another 4 years of development to finish.

I don't know if this has already been posted, but the DLC has been cancelled:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-11-08-hajime-tabata-quits-square-enix-final-fantasy-15-dlc-cancelled