passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Red Dead Redemption 2

Hendo

47 minutes ago, Nag said:

Has anything actually been said about Pro/X enhancements for this?... Hope to god it's got HDR.

Don't think anything has been said yet.

All I know is in the IGN preview (or whoever had the exclusive I forget) they made a point what was presented to them was running on a standard PS4 and all the trailers up to that point (not sure about the one today) were made with a standard PS4.

1 hour ago, retroed said:

Yesterday's trailer has to be captured from a PS4 Pro, surely? If it's from a standard PS4 then that's some serious wizardry. But then, this is Rockstar.

You won't be able to hear the awesome ambient sound as the PS4 fan propells the console out the window. 

This does look amazing though. Will hang fire until the new year. 

Just found this from the US PS Blog page from the latest trailer:

Captured entirely from in-game footage on PlayStation 4 Pro, watch this introduction to Red Dead Redemption 2’s gameplay in 4K.

And the Xbox website says it’ll be in 4K HDR on the Xbox X as well. 

The digital Ultimate Edition and physical Ultimate Editions are the same price so it is tempting to get that. 

I think even if I had an X I’d still get it on PS4 for the RDR Online shenanigans personally. 

2 hours ago, Nag said:

Not sure what a cowboy is supposed to look like?... What do you want, Luigi as the main character?

Well a cowboy would always look like a person in a uniform but its the person part that sets each cowboy apart. I'm not sure how you watched westworld, if you did, if everyone in a cowboy outfit looked the same to you.

To me stylistically the new guy looks a little bland. Hopefully his personality shines through.

maxresdefault.jpg

A bland exterior can get you very far. It can make you blend into all the other normal people when in reality you're far from normal. You can be a serial killer or a multi millionaire. You could have the cure for cancer or kick of a roll of events that end up to world wars. Don't under estimate bland.

• 1 month later...

Written Previews:

Kotaku

Games Radar

PC Gamer

Game Informer

VG247

Details

Miscellaneous
- Entirely playable in 1st person mode.
- Customisable HUD.
- Each character will have different sets of clothes to coincide with weather conditions.
- Like the first game you have a range of choices, and your decision affects your honor meter.
- When hunting, you can sell the carcass or take it to the butchers for meat. If you leave it too long, it'll rot.
- Your camp will not wait for you. Members of your gang who reside at camp will come and go, and finding out where exactly they've gone from others will be the basis of a number of quests and side quests.
- If you hold the trackpad to turn on the cinematic camera you can set a waypoint and hold X and your horse will automatically make its way to the destination.
- As you skin an animal, you can see where the exit wounds are.
- You can pet dogs. Those dogs won’t bark at you again if you see them.
- You can buy newspapers which will cover events that occur throughout the story.

Weapons and Gunplay
- You can physically see all your weapons on Arthur's character model. You can hold only hold two sidearms and two long weapons (along with a knife, lasso, and throwables).
- Gun customisation, such as engravings.
- Dead Eye now has 5 levels, Level 1 allows for slowdown, Level 2 allows you to paint targets and unleash a barrage of shots, and Level 3 allows you to manually pick your shooting points, etc.
- It's possible to shoot weapons out of enemy hands.
- Weapons get dirty and clogged up over time, or if you get them wet, so you’ll need to clean them to get the best performance.
- If you double-tap L1 Arthur puts his gun away with a flourish.

Arthur
- Beard grows over time, but you can shave.
- Clothing customisations go as far as allowing layering and minor adjustments, like the option to roll up your sleeves.
- You get hungry over time, but you can get fat if you eat too much, effecting stamina.
- Stats like stamina can be raised by doing physical activities (such as in GTA V or Bethesda RPG's).
- Snow on Arthur’s clothing will eventually melt. Mud will harden and wipe away. Blood will dry.
- You can swim (just about).
- Putting on a bandana during a crime and then taking it off afterwards makes the Wanted meter drop faster.
- You can pay your own bounty, but townspeople will still remember any trouble you caused and comment on it when you return.
- Arthur can look at his reflection in the mirror and will comment on what he sees.

Horse
- The whistle command button can be held down and Arthur will whistle until he runs out of breath.
- Visit Stables to customise your horse, switching out its saddle, blanket, stirrups, reins and saddle horn.
- You can name your horse.
- You can clean your horse.
- Horses poop dynamically.
- If your horse dies, it’s gone forever.
- You can tell your horse to flee when it’s in a precarious situation to try to spare its life.
- Horse testicles shrink depending on the in-game weather.

New Screens:

Spoiler

401AAE3E-8E8D-426C-AD36-08E782639D8D.jpegC1DBC2F9-935A-4830-ABA3-62B291573805.jpegF1D3903B-33DF-4E5F-9CB2-14F2EE28E9DA.jpeg

5FC1378B-3625-480E-B351-95BB597AA62F.jpeg

FA0AA52B-8237-4F1C-BAD8-E2EBEC98713F.jpeg

FD36ED73-4944-4F8A-B0B1-E2A4612A9EA1.jpeg

13 hours ago, Sly Reflex said:

The horses testicles shrinking in cold weather. Someone just saw that and decided to go back to their realistic horse genitals in Skyrim and make adjustments.

I thought this was a joke it being you but I just read that overly extensive list. Is nothing sacred anymore?