passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Overwatch

spatular

Symmetra is probably my favourite character to play as at the moment, especially when playing defense. Here's a full length match I put together. Nothing amazing to see but it shows how I use her. 15 kills, no deaths, tons of sentries placed, lots of shields given to the team, two teleporters placed near the objective. Opposing team didn't capture once. Oh, and a Play of the Game. 

Ed try to use her L2 attack. It's useful to spam at a choke point and suppress or charge and shoot people through walls. 

Been playing lot of Pharah on attack and defence. It's fun to come out a door and take out any snipers looking a cheap kill. Gilding just above the ground after rocket jump feels really statisfying too. 

Suprisingly been playing a lot of Widowmaker. Not really a sniper guy but her auto rifle and hook make her pretty versatile. 

It's not infinite use though. I think you can use it 6 times before it disappears. 

How's everyone been getting on with the loot box drops? I've opened 22/23 boxes now and had no epics and just a hand full legendaries.. I got 4 or 5 with the same about in the beta. <_<

11 hours ago, Duck said:

Ed try to use her L2 attack. It's useful to spam at a choke point and suppress or charge and shoot people through walls. 

I always forget her L2 attack. I don't really know how it works. You charge it up and let go, does it do damage on impact? 

1 hour ago, Hendo said:

That seems like a really useful character! Is the teleporter the special?

Yeah she is very useful especially in defense games. I've gone right up to the opponent's base and dotted sentries  around their exits hidden out of sight a few times as well, with decent success.

The teleporter can be extremely useful, just be sure to try and hide it out of the way or stay near to protect it. The arrows that appear when placing the teleporter is the direction your squad will exit it. 

Even her R2 weapon is good at close range as long as you keep strafing around the enemy. 

Symmetra's L2 is really useful, I use it more than the R2.  I like to pin people down with it by keeping them in cover.  It's so slow moving it's unrealistic to expect to hit with it but sometimes people pop out of a corner right into it. 

It does quite a lot of damage fully charged and also goes through Reinhardt's shield. 

4 hours ago, Duck said:

How's everyone been getting on with the loot box drops? I've opened 22/23 boxes now and had no epics and just a hand full legendaries.. I got 4 or 5 with the same about in the beta. <_<

I've opened about 15 and they've been about the same for me too, got a handful of legendaries, no Epics. I like to save them up and open them 5 at a time, got 6 to open up wherever I next go on.

Couldn't agree more. I saw a tolbjorn get 32 turret kills because it was placed in an area that you basically couldn't get round a corner and shoot at before it killed you and because they also had two other turrets and some sentries protecting it...

On one hand its good team work to protect it but on the other it makes for a very fucking boring game to play and then a terrible play of the game to watch. 

Wow that is indeed some fantastic Cosplay, it always amazes me the dedication these people have.

Played the Weekly Brawl game mode yesterday for the first time, I vaguely remember trying it in the Beta when every time you died the AI switched your character at random, but I think I only had one or two games.

The Weekly Brawl on here this week though is where everyone has double the health, and everyone's Specials and L1/L2/R1 abilities recharge lightning fast. It was just so incredibly fun, and so incredibly chaotic, hearing 'Nerf this!' as the opposition team (mostly playing as D.Va) activates their Special for the millionth time and having to get the fuck out the defence zone, seeing 4 or 5 Pharah's in the Sky and hearing 'Justice rains from above!' every 2 sections, I played as Mei and I could just put up endless ice-walls everywhere and when I was about to die I could just press L1 and go into an Ice Block to regain health, it was just absolutely batshit mental and I loved it.

Obviously the main game modes in 'Quick Play' are fun too, but I just felt the Brawl you were able to doss about a bit more and take things less seriously, presumably this mode will change again on Tuesday to something new, but, yeah, I'd say this mode is definitely worth a go before it switches.

Also, this is amazing:

^ that gif of roadhog being knocked off the cliff then hooking lucio of the cliff with him is ace :D

i've been playing this quite a lot, i still like it but not sure it's going to have legs for me, i don't know, it's good but a bit too organised chaos for me. and i still think at heart it's a pc game, designed for fast mouse and keyboard movement. see that previous video of lucio wall running all over the place while shooting at people, maybe i'm just crap but has anyone had much success wall running like that with a pad?

I'm still absolutely loving it myself, but, yeah, I definitely think in the next few days the gripes I had with it in the Beta (lack of game modes) are going to seep back in again. The actual moment-to-moment gameplay though I still think is incredibly fun, it is organised chaos to a degree (especially in the Brawl mode) but it can be incredibly tactical at times as well, selecting the right characters, getting the right balance in a team etc. When you can feel you're having a good game with a character, helping your team take an objective or you go on fire and the musical cue plays it's just awesome and I'm grinning like a Cheshire Cat again (same with when you get POTG).

I would love it if they could add in a CTF game-mode, a King-of-the-Hill type game mode and possibly a MOBA-esque game mode, I think that would add in some more variation and hi-jinx to proceedings.

I have managed to do wall-running with Lucio quite a few times, but, when I'm in the heat of battle I just focus on healing and attempting to hit the enemy with my sound-gun to be honest.

I was saying to Hendo yesterday that I hope they support eSports with this on Console too, I've seen lots of eSports tournaments already on PC, but I would like to see a few more PS4 tournaments out there, it is definitely the type of game I'd love to get a team together and compete when the ranked matches go live at the end of June

At the moment I'm committed to getting to at least Level 50 on it (hopefully before ME:C comes out on June 9th) but beyond that I'm not sure really, I think I'll probably end up going back to it every month or so, putting in a few more hours when they've added new maps/characters/modes etc. a bit like The Division or something like that, it's going to be a fantastic game to fill the Summer Drought too, but, yeah, I can't see myself playing it daily all the way through to August, I do tend to peter out on MP games quite quickly anyway though and this has held my attention for longer than most.

It will be well supported by Blizzard as time goes on though, and I can't wait to see how it shapes up as time goes on.

It might well be a lot of work but I'd like to see short campaign levels for each character. Or one big mission where the path will be different depending on who you play as.

As it currently stands, it's a lot of money for a game with not that much content.

It seems like a re-run of how SFV launched, only difference being there's no real previous game in a series to compare it to.

It doesn't need more characters, unlockables or even maps, but it is missing something.

Having said all that, it is incredibly good fun at what it does and some really smart choices like being able to change characters on the fly, seeing what the other team is set up as, lots of characters within the classes playing really differently and the tips they give you in the selection process which I always pay attention to.

Yeah to more modes, but its such a huge amount of fun to play at the moment and only very rarely frustrating which is a very rare thing with an online competitive FPS game.

I was manically giggling away to myself last night, playing as a very elusive Pharrah and popping up all over the map to cause the opposing team a lot of trouble, I stopped to enemy's Pharrah just as she launched her special three times in a row. I was just imagining how fucked off I would have been in that situation but because it was me it was all fine, "Justice! reigns - BLAM" 

There were a few games where I stuck with a pretty weak team and would switch to Mercy to keep healing them and giving us a chance and despite not quite making it each time the whole team would upvote me for my efforts which was awesome to see such appreciation of the annoying task.

My internet connection stopped being shit last night long enough for me to play some matches of this, and it was great.

I'm really starting to enjoy Zarya, and had a couple of matches where I really kicked ass. I'm getting a lot better at Junkrat too. I had a brilliant match with him on Route 66, including play of the match for killing the whole opposition team with a combination of my ultimate and a few grenades.

Some new maps and modes could be good, but CTF is shit and always has been.

My connection is back to dropping more packets that a greased up postman this morning, unfortunately.