Sign in to follow this  
spatular

Overwatch

Huge changes coming to Mercy.. @Hendo

She has a new ultimate..

Mercy

• Resurrect (formerly Mercy’s Ultimate ability)
    • Ability now targets a single player, instead of every player within a radius
    • Radius reduced to 5 meters
    • Ability cooldown is 30 seconds
    • Mercy is no longer granted invulnerability while Resurrect is active
  • Valkyrie (New Ultimate Ability)
    • Valkyrie unleashes the full power of Mercy’s Valkyrie Suit, enhancing her weapons and abilities for 20 seconds:
      • Caduceus Staff: Mercy’s healing and damage boost beams now affect all allies near the targeted teammate, and the staff’s effective range has been extended
      • Caduceus Blaster: Granted infinite ammo, while simultaneously increasing damage and fire rate
      • Guardian Angel: Increased range and movement speed
      • Resurrect: Cooldown is instantly reset when Valkyrie is activated and reduced to 10s after the initial cast
      • Hover: Mercy gains the ability to fly freely, at increased movement speed
      • Regeneration (Passive): No longer interrupted when Mercy takes damage

Developer Comments: While resurrecting downed allies is a core part of Mercy’s gameplay, the way her Ultimate functioned was causing a number of problems. It was frustrating to play against, and it incentivized Mercy players to hide away from important battles, instead of taking part in them. This version turns Resurrect into a single target ability. It’s still an important part of Mercy’s kit, but plays much better for both Mercy players and her enemies. Valkyrie, her new Ultimate, gives her the opportunity to make big game-making plays and opens a number of new options for her.

D:Va/defense matrix got some big chances too..

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/21013135

Watched the video now. I'm warming to the idea but I'll be damned if he didn't look nervous as hell when describing all the changes.

I like the sound of this, and the D.Va changes. They're really going to mix things up.

Apparently, Reinhardt is getting camera control while using his shield so you can see what's going on without spinning your shield around.

The only British Overwatch League team - London Spitfire - just won Stage 1 of the Overwatch League tour.

Thought I'd share a vid of the finals highlights, pretty cool:

I shall have to give it a watch. I enjoyed a couple of week one matches but haven't watched any since. 

I still think it's dumb having teams named for cities where none of the people are based there. All 12 of those players live in Korea, none of the Spitfires have even been to London, apparently.

Looks fun!

That first video, the guy sounds like he should be in a shitty pre-school kids show. Or gunging teachers on a kids’ game show.

A particularly satisfying way to win a match, with my other half and a friend from a couple of nights ago.

I've been playing a lot of Moira, Winston and Diva recently. Still a way to go before I match that Junkrat time.

Also, that's nearly 2 weeks in hours played :o

ScreenShot_18-04-15_23-27-21-000.jpg

Impressive @Craymen Edge I imagine my LoL playtime will look a bit like your OW time in about a year or so :lol:

I keep meaning to go back to OW but as I've got it on PS4 I can't usually play the same times as if I had it on PC, still really tempted to double dip but haven't pulled the trigger just yet. Learning heroes all over again with KBAM along with general rustiness will be a challenge anyway.