passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Overwatch

spatular

Its a bit of a damp squib to be honest, new skins and three new maps just for the elimination mode. Its super spoiled of me but I was hoping for more. 

Having said that some of the skins are great and I've managed to grind all the way to 1700 in solo competitive which in proud of even though I know it's shit

June 12th, I think.

I'm off work next week so hopefully I'll get a chance to earn a few boxes. There are a couple of really great skins in this update. I have enough credits for 1 of them, or maybe a couple of the dance emotes. 

I don't play the 1v1 or 3v3 modes, but I might set up a custom game to have a look at the maps. 

Yeah, I kinda love a lot of the skins so I think I'll be playing this a lot over the next few weeks.  I'm tempted to buy a few boxes like an idiot (it hasn't worked in the past) but I'll wait closer to the end.

I've also still not qualified for season 4 so I want to do that, at least.  I'm not that bothered where I place since I only need 150 purple bits for a golden gun.

So yeah, I'm up for this at the mo.

New map announced..

It will have a small low gravity section.

I was getting Destiny vibes because it was on the moon. Then it clicked.. why isn't there low gravity on the moon in Destiny? I never realised it before, stupid game. <_<

• 3 weeks later...

For anyone with Amazon Prime:

You can link your account to your Twitch account to get 'Twitch prime' which gives you goodies every month (ranging in quality).

How this pertains to OW, is that this month you can get a special 'Golden loot box' for Overwatch which gives you a guaranteed legendary item, you also get 5 loot boxes per month in August and September.

Just a heads up. :)

The new map is out now (on PC, presumably on consoles too). I didn't play it last night, but I have played a couple of times on the test realm. It was fun, and had a lot of interesting details to find.

There's a new playlist in Arcade for the map, and one which applies the low gravity physics to all the other maps, which is really stupid but quite fun. 

• 2 months later...

Huge changes coming to Mercy.. @Hendo

She has a new ultimate..

Mercy

• Resurrect (formerly Mercy’s Ultimate ability)
    • Ability now targets a single player, instead of every player within a radius
    • Radius reduced to 5 meters
    • Ability cooldown is 30 seconds
    • Mercy is no longer granted invulnerability while Resurrect is active
  • Valkyrie (New Ultimate Ability)
    • Valkyrie unleashes the full power of Mercy’s Valkyrie Suit, enhancing her weapons and abilities for 20 seconds:
      • Caduceus Staff: Mercy’s healing and damage boost beams now affect all allies near the targeted teammate, and the staff’s effective range has been extended
      • Caduceus Blaster: Granted infinite ammo, while simultaneously increasing damage and fire rate
      • Guardian Angel: Increased range and movement speed
      • Resurrect: Cooldown is instantly reset when Valkyrie is activated and reduced to 10s after the initial cast
      • Hover: Mercy gains the ability to fly freely, at increased movement speed
      • Regeneration (Passive): No longer interrupted when Mercy takes damage

Developer Comments: While resurrecting downed allies is a core part of Mercy’s gameplay, the way her Ultimate functioned was causing a number of problems. It was frustrating to play against, and it incentivized Mercy players to hide away from important battles, instead of taking part in them. This version turns Resurrect into a single target ability. It’s still an important part of Mercy’s kit, but plays much better for both Mercy players and her enemies. Valkyrie, her new Ultimate, gives her the opportunity to make big game-making plays and opens a number of new options for her.

D:Va/defense matrix got some big chances too..

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/21013135

• 5 months later...

I shall have to give it a watch. I enjoyed a couple of week one matches but haven't watched any since. 

I still think it's dumb having teams named for cities where none of the people are based there. All 12 of those players live in Korea, none of the Spitfires have even been to London, apparently.

• 3 weeks later...