passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Nintendo Switch

HandsomeDead

I love both the PS4 and Switch UI. 

Great that Pillars 2 is coming to Switch, there’s only 1 platform to play a CRPG on and that ain’t Switch so gonna have to give it a miss this time, I’m sure the Switch port will be well handled and sell well though.

There’s maybe two missions you can lone wolf on the easiest setting, but the AI will always be there so you better hope they behave themselves.

I keep wanting to go back in but they really have treated the console versions with utter contempt.

48 minutes ago, Hendo said:

There’s maybe two missions you can lone wolf on the easiest setting, but the AI will always be there so you better hope they behave themselves.

I keep wanting to go back in but they really have treated the console versions with utter contempt.

You own the steam version? We could play that.

I don’t think so, I’ll probably pick up the DLC on PS4 when it goes dirt cheap again. I got my character really high levelled so it would be a shame to have to do it all again.

Edit: Actually it looks like I do have it but only put 4 hours into it.

• 3 weeks later...

I dunno, I kinda thought 2018 was going to be light because of how strong last year was on the Switch and it is seeming to be the case, at least as someone who bought and played a lot of this stuff on Wii U.

Always nice to have more Splatoon, though.  And I gotta admit Mario Tennis is looking stronger than I expected.

Yeah same. Two games I'm interested in. Tennis and Smash. So glad Smash was announced at the end for 2018. I thought it was just going to be a tease with no date like Metroid Prime 4/Pokémon.

Fuck yeah ? I want me some Smash!

7 hours ago, DifferentClass said:

I dunno, I kinda thought 2018 was going to be light because of how strong last year was on the Switch and it is seeming to be the case, at least as someone who bought and played a lot of this stuff on Wii U.

Always nice to have more Splatoon, though.  And I gotta admit Mario Tennis is looking stronger than I expected.

Yeah, I liked what I played of Captain Toad, so I'll probably pick that up, but the rereleases are a bit of a mixed blessing. Nintendo already have a problem with having very well trodden franchises, retreading the obscure stuff too might be a problem in the long run 

That being said I've got a meeting in Newcastle at the end of the month so Detective Pikachu will be getting bought 

All these re-releases and ports of old games, they ought to rename the machine 'Other Consoles Classic Mini' :D

Joking aside, if you never owned a Wii U or played indie games on a PC in the last few years, the games library for this machine looks amazing. I haven't bought a console since PS3 around the time of Uncharted 2, but I'm really tempted by Switch.

• 2 weeks later...

New showcase:

Full list of announced games:

• Mark of the Ninja Remastered - fall
  • Fantasy Strike - summer
  • Just Shapes and Beats - summer, first on Switch
  • Garage - spring, first on Switch
  • Pool Panic - 2018, exclusive to Switch
  • Bomb Chicken - summer, first on Switch
  • Lumines Remastered - spring
  • Reigns: Kings and Queens - spring 
  • Lightfall - spring, first on Switch
  • West of Loathing - spring, console exclusive to Switch
  • Pode - spring 
  • The Messenger - summer
  • Bad North - summer, first on Switch
  • Banner Saga 1 and 2 - "soon"
  • Banner Saga 3 - summer

Can see me playing Mark of the Ninja all over again, such a good game.

And been a while since I played Lumines.

4 hours ago, Hendo said:

Lumines Remastered - spring

All over this. Just absolutely sold. Don't even care that's it's the first game again, even if I did prefer the second.

Anyway, announcement trailer for it...