passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Warframe

RoboticMonk3y

Yes! Forgot to mention the Switch - another fairly major development. 

The other thing recently has been prime gear and prime frames being given away free if you've got a twitch prime account linked to Warframe. Normally this is the stuff you'd need to actually buy if you've not managed to farm it. I've got Amazon prime which apparently gives me twitch prime already.

• 4 months later...

Just played it handheld so far.  Runs a solid 30 most of the time, not seen huge drops.  Except for Cetus where it chugged a bit, but the wilds were okay. 

Sometimes in bigger areas it can be a bit foggy in an N64 way until the textures are streamed in. 

It's dialled back certainly but not in a way that is too detrimental.

I've been playing this a lot on Switch recently.

I now get the game completely now.  Just to be different to my PS4 start I picked Mag as my starter Frame.  I really wasn't sure at first but it soon clicked that Mag is the mage.  I got some mods that boost my special attacks' range and power and before I know it I was kicking arse.  Having a boosted level one group clearer is very useful.

I'm much further along as I was before.  I'm at Ceres with only one mission to go before the Jupiter junction but this mission is much higher levelled than I can deal with.  I tried it but I can only get so far before the mobs get too strong.  I think I could do it in a group of similarly levelled folk to me but since its an standard mission getting someone to group with is impossible.  It's fine grouping with randoms on the special missions (alerts, void rift, etc) but not so much vanilla missions.

And to add to the performance take, I've played some multiplayer since and it can take a bit of a hit when you have four people, over a dozen enemies and ability effects whizzing around the shop.  Not as much as I thought it maybe would.  And I also accidently joined a public match on the Cetus Plains and I don't know if it was just a bad connection, but woof, I don't think I'll be doing that again.  The plains are just for solitary fishing and mining, Animal Crossing style.

Yeah, fighting Ghouls is impossible at the moment.  Might just do that when I can tank them later.  Is an Eidolon the big boy stomping around?  I leave him be and he leaves me be.

Also, when I played with you guys you told me not to bother getting the Archwing at first.  Well since I was replaying the start, to mix things up I did follow that quest line this time.  At first I kinda hated them because the controls are super sensitive and there is no way of adjusting sensitivity like there is for general controls.  But then I realised it made the motion controls a bit more sensitive too so then it kinda played a bit like Star Fox Zero, the game a lot of people are wrong about.  Finding a different priority to the analogue stick/motion control combination makes that part of the game's combat play in a way that's pretty fun.

Except the Rush mode type.  I have a mission to do that is that mode and no matter how fast I try to get to the objective I never make it.  I don't know what I'm doing wrong.  I might check on YouTube what a solid run is meant to look like because I can't fly at high speeds enough and not crash into a bunch of stuff and fail.

That Jupiter one was impossible. I got a carry from a couple of clan members later on and they melted it in seconds. They had different Arch Wing builds and the difference it made was laughable.

There are some general missions which it just makes sense to be doing as a random group as you bring extra fire power.

Having an Arch Wing which you can launch whenever you choose is useful on the plains.

Again ghoul events, infested boils, etc. are best achieved in groups as some bounty activities are timed. Also bounties scale so you might want to do higher difficulty/ higher rewards which would be harder to solo.

Lots of progress made.

I'm finally getting a new Frame.  Three in fact!  They're like busses.  I have Oberon and Vauban cooking at the moment (I'm only one part from Oberon Prime in fact) and I spent a load of time on Cetus to get the Gara Frame as well.  I'm cooking the last piece then I will put the whole thing in the oven, probably tomorrow.

Cetus was hard work.  Turns out it's not terrible all the time on the Plains during multiplayer (just most) so I popped in a load of public bounties.  I dunno if other versions are glitchy as fuck but it is on Switch.  the amount of times we failed a bounty because not enough enemies spawned to meet the requirements and we'd time out.  We did scour the whole area and there just is not enough enemies to kill.  Or one would spawn 100 metres under the map.  That was fun, too.

There is still Revenant parts if I want to get both of the Frames from Cetus but you have to do the really high level bounties for that and right now I just want to put that place in the bin for a bit.  I have Gara, and that'll do.

As for general progress I'm Master Rank 6 and at Saturn and having a hard time solo-ing it now but since I'm getting new frames soon I'll be going back and doing other low level missions to level those up and see what they're capable of.