passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Warframe

RoboticMonk3y

Yeah I reckon everyone tried early Warframe as there wasn't much to play on release. I remember it being gash. Much better place now, it's one of the best references to what a Developer can do with a game over time if people are willing to wait. 

4 hours ago, Nag said:

Good luck with that.^_^

He played the waiting game for D1 to get good and he can do it for D2 as well. :lol:

Seriously though, everyone should try this. Grab a friend that knows the way the  game works and go for it. It's a hoot once you understand what the fuck is going on and once you've acclimatised to how utterly bizarre some of the art design is.

For the use of the guys farming currently for parts so we don't have to go wiki diving...

Spoiler

Ash - Blueprint drops from "Manics"

Atlas - Do the Jordas Precept Quest and then do Archwing mission to farm bits. :(

Banshee - Acquired through the Tenno lab section of a clan dojo.

Chroma - Complete the mission The New Strange and then complete Relays to gain access to the parts.

Ember - Kill the boss on Tethys, Jupiter.

Equinox - Titania on Uranus, you have to craft both night and day parts to craft the final frame.

Excalibur - Kill the boss War on Mars.

Frost - Kill the boss on Exta, Ceres

Gara - Complete the mission "Saya's Vigil" then complete respective bounties for Konzu in the Plains of Eidalon.

Harrow - The main blueprint is gotten from finishing the quest "Chains of Harrow". To get the other parts of him you need to kill corrupted in void fissures (chassis), Do rotation C of Defection (systems) and Kuva Fortress Spy on C (neuroptics). Sounds like a right pain in the cock.

Hydroid - Kill the boss on Oro, Earth. WARNING, Takes forever...

Inaros - Unclear. I don't know if you have to do the "Sands of Inaros" quest line or buy the blueprint from Baro Ki'Teer.

Ivara - You have to do Spy missions to get a chance of a drop. 1-15 drops systems,  16-25 drops chassis, 26+ drops neuroptics and blueprints separately.

Limbo - Complete "The Limbo Theorem" quest. Needs Archwing.

Loki - Kill boss on Psamarthe, Neptune.

Mag - Kill the boss Iliad, Phobos 

Mesa - Kill Mutalist Alad V on Eris.

Mirage - Complete "Hidden Messages" questline.

Nekros - Do Orokin Derelict missions

Nezha - Acquired through the Tenno Reseach Lab in the clan dojo.

Nidus - Blueprint obtained through the "Glast Gambit" questline. The rest is gotten through Rotation C of the Infested Salvage in the Oestrus on Eris.

Nova - Drops from the Raptors on Naamah, Europa.

Nyx - Blueprint can be purchased from the market. Her component blueprints are rewarded from Phorid assassination missions during an Infested Invasion.

Oberon - Kill Eximus units.

Octavia - Main blueprint is acquired upon completion of the Octavia's Anthem quest. The Chassis blueprint is a guaranteed drop from the choral musical note memory puzzle found in Lua missions. neuroptics blueprint drops from Rotation C of Orokin Derelict Survival. Systems blueprint has a chance to drop from Rotation A Lua Crossfire (Plato) caches. Sounds like a right trek to get her tbh.

Rhino - Kill the boss Fossa, Venus.

Saryn - Kill the boss at Merrow, Sedna

Titania - Complete "The Silver Groove" questline.

Trinity - Kill the boss on Hades, Pluto.

Valkyr - Kill the boss on Thermisto, Jupiter.

Vauban - Gotten through Alert missions as rewards.

Volt - Get him through the Tenno research lab in the clan dojo.

Wukong - Get him through the Tenno research lab in the clan dojo

Zephyr - Get him through the Tenno research lab in the clan dojo.

Surprisingly there's not any behind a paywall, which surprised me. I'll try and get this post on the top of every page so we can reference it easily. Or maybe one of the mods can put it in the first post for ease of access?

Up to Uranus now! Stop laughing at the back!

I might be stuck in Uranus for a while since the requirements for opening the next junction are insane. Beating off the enemies with just my sword in my hand for 5 missions. I can see that making me sweat. All the time this is happening I'll have to listen to @smallofbooty moan at me like I'm trapped in some sexual purgatory.

While on Uranus I have to open 3 caches while doing sabotage as well. Hopefully you can do those in bits because getting three in one is a bit of a squeeze. Should that happen though I'll be super happy to use Volt's discharge on the junction guardian. I need to plumb the depths of Uranus because I can think of doing the same on Neptune.

I don't know where to put this but in light of recent conversations about needing pieces of equipment and having spare gear which we could "trade" among ourselves I'm putting down a list of what I need in order to complete stuff and what I have as spares.

Need:

Braton Prime - barrel

Bronco Prime - barrel

Burston Prime - barrel / receiver / stock

Cernos Prime - lower limb / grip / string

Chroma Frame - chassis & systems 

Dual Kamas Prime - 2x handles / 2x blades

Ember Frame - systems

Fang Prime - 2x handles / 2x blades

Gara Frame - neuroptics & systems

Hydroid Frame - systems

Ivara Frame - neuroptics & systems

Mag Frame - chassis & systems

Mirage Prime Frame - neuroptics & systems

Nekros Prime Frame - neuroptics & systems

Nyx Frame - systems

Nyx Prime Frame - chassis / neuroptics / systems

Paris Prime - grip / string

Tigris Prime - receiver / stock

Titania Frame - chassis / neuroptics / systems

Valkyr Frame - neuroptics / systems

Valkyr Prime - chassis / systems

Harrow - neuroptics / systems

Spares to "trade"

Boar Blue Prints (bp) x2

Burston Prime bp

Cernos Prime bp

Ember - 4x chassis / 1 neuroptics bps

Frost - full sets bps

Gorgon bp

Loki Prime chassis bp

Nyx - chassis & neuroptics bps

Oberon - 2x chassis / 2x neuroptics / 4x systems bps

Rhino - chassis & systems bps

Tigris Prime - barrel

Twin Gremlins bp

Valkyr - chassis bp

Harrow - 3x chassis bps

13 hours ago, Sly Reflex said:

Up to Uranus now! Stop laughing at the back!

I might be stuck in Uranus for a while since the requirements for opening the next junction are insane. Beating off the enemies with just my sword in my hand for 5 missions. I can see that making me sweat. All the time this is happening I'll have to listen to @smallofbooty moan at me like I'm trapped in some sexual purgatory.

But why did you give me your credit card details and ask me to moan down the headset if you don't like it?  Ahhhh.... perhaps you like not liking it.

I farmed Excalibur and Mag this morning. I tried farming Frost but the boss glitched twice on me, which was pretty infuriating. Both Vor and the hammer dude in turn messed up. Why is it always the bosses that mess up in this game? The time we did the fire boi it locked us in the room with no way out, it seems like there's shit afoot with those levels.

Saved Clem as well, but only just. Fuck me is getting out of Uranus alive is hard. I thought that about Ceres though and I can walk around there like I own it now. I've to get his weapons and tie up his questline but I'm going to need a crew for that' It's hard.

@smallofbooty you standard setting is moaning, who'd pay for that?

EDIT: Also a frugal update. Spent 12 of the free platinum to buy 2 weapon slots. Going to be some mad spending (for me anyway) in the coming days as frames complete building.

Frugal update. Spent some platinum to house my Limbo frame. Down to 198 out of the free stuff they gave out. Going to buy the next Prime bundle that comes out, but I'll try to keep tabs on the whole ninjas play for free thing they say is true. 

Playing with the Limbo frame now. It looks horrible so I might end up using the head @smallofbooty wanted us to get. This frame though, you dodge and become invincible. Might be the most over powered thing I've seen yet. Not unlocked all the powers yet but the dodge into the shadow realm  means only idiots should die, unless there's something I'm missing. 

So we've seen tanks, DPS, healers, berserkers and now we have a crowd controller with Limbo. The standard attack works like Volt's or Oberon's, but if it doesn't kill them outright it send them into the plain of existence where Limbo can go by dodging. Since special fills up in the other realm you flip between them constantly, especially if you've sent a mob there you can flip across and damage it at your own will, or send it back to the real realm of the people there are ready to deal with it. 

Reading up on it in-game it looks like you can send allies into the rift too which could be handy for revives or saving people that are under pressure. 

Not everyone is going to like Limbo. It's dead impressive how it's another frame I've got my hands on that feels completely different to command. There's similarities but so far no two have felt identical. I'd be astonished if every single class feels unique like they have so far. 

Bit of both really.

I’m using a melee focussed frame but you have primary and secondary weapons which are more than likely guns.

The way the levelling up system works, it encourages you to change your loadout so you won’t be using the same weapons for all of time.

You can level up each gun or melee weapon to level 30, which goes toward your mastery rank. Once the xp bar is full on that, you can do a mastery rank test so you can go up a mastery level.

So if you just stick with the same weapons then you won’t really progress.

This has made me try out a bunch of different weapon types like auto shotguns, pistols, machine guns, throwing knives, bows, etc.

You don’t have to physically use a weapon to level it up though, just by having it equipped in your loadout it will level up a little even when you get kills by using your other weapon.

Spoiler

Ash - Blueprint drops from "Manics"

Atlas - Do the Jordas Precept Quest and then do Archwing mission to farm bits. :(

Banshee - Acquired through the Tenno lab section of a clan dojo.

Chroma - Complete the mission The New Strange and then complete Relays to gain access to the parts.

Ember - Kill the boss on Tethys, Jupiter.

Equinox - Titania on Uranus, you have to craft both night and day parts to craft the final frame.

Excalibur - Kill the boss War on Mars.

Frost - Kill the boss on Exta, Ceres

Gara - Complete the mission "Saya's Vigil" then complete respective bounties for Konzu in the Plains of Eidalon.

Harrow - The main blueprint is gotten from finishing the quest "Chains of Harrow". To get the other parts of him you need to kill corrupted in void fissures (chassis), Do rotation C of Defection (systems) and Kuva Fortress Spy on C (neuroptics). Sounds like a right pain in the cock.

Hydroid - Kill the boss on Oro, Earth. WARNING, Takes forever...

Inaros - Unclear. I don't know if you have to do the "Sands of Inaros" quest line or buy the blueprint from Baro Ki'Teer.

Ivara - You have to do Spy missions to get a chance of a drop. 1-15 drops systems,  16-25 drops chassis, 26+ drops neuroptics and blueprints separately.

Limbo - Complete "The Limbo Theorem" quest. Needs Archwing.

Loki - Kill boss on Psamarthe, Neptune.

Mag - Kill the boss Iliad, Phobos 

Mesa - Kill Mutalist Alad V on Eris.

Mirage - Complete "Hidden Messages" questline.

Nekros - Do Orokin Derelict missions

Nezha - Acquired through the Tenno Reseach Lab in the clan dojo.

Nidus - Blueprint obtained through the "Glast Gambit" questline. The rest is gotten through Rotation C of the Infested Salvage in the Oestrus on Eris.

Nova - Drops from the Raptors on Naamah, Europa.

Nyx - Blueprint can be purchased from the market. Her component blueprints are rewarded from Phorid assassination missions during an Infested Invasion.

Oberon - Kill Eximus units.

Octavia - Main blueprint is acquired upon completion of the Octavia's Anthem quest. The Chassis blueprint is a guaranteed drop from the choral musical note memory puzzle found in Lua missions. neuroptics blueprint drops from Rotation C of Orokin Derelict Survival. Systems blueprint has a chance to drop from Rotation A Lua Crossfire (Plato) caches. Sounds like a right trek to get her tbh.

Rhino - Kill the boss Fossa, Venus.

Saryn - Kill the boss at Merrow, Sedna

Titania - Complete "The Silver Groove" questline.

Trinity - Kill the boss on Hades, Pluto.

Valkyr - Kill the boss on Thermisto, Jupiter.

Vauban - Gotten through Alert missions as rewards.

Volt - Get him through the Tenno research lab in the clan dojo.

Wukong - Get him through the Tenno research lab in the clan dojo

Zephyr - Get him through the Tenno research lab in the clan dojo.

OK. Clans.

So a few of you have joined the clan. Currently it is just one room. Be patient, this will grow.

There's 2 doors in the current hall. One door I'm going to build places to put power generators. The other side I'm going to put a hall with 4 rooms branching off this that will hold labs. There are 4 labs that all need powering with the aforementioned generators. I do not know how many generators we will need so we might have to add generators as and when we need them.

However, before we can start building labs we need an oracle room. I'll probably put this on the same side as the reactors as I don't think you need to go to that room for any reason in particular, it's just the labs where the interesting stuff can be researched.

Do not under any circumstances build a barracks. Although this increases the amount of people that can join the clan, it also increases the cost of everything and it cannot be reversed. With the people we have here we should be fine with the smallest clan.

Once we have the labs up and running and research going on, we'll see about other stuff that can be added.

It sometimes dips but I think it's more to do with latency than anything else. I've noticed when you end up with a bad host that it stutters like Gareth Gates trying to do a tongue twister. Nothing game breaking but it can be a bit annoying. 

Did Clem's Grakata mission. It was surprisingly OK considering it was on Uranus, I thought I was in for a right rollicking but I managed to do it with one unfortunate revive where I fucked a special up and ended up buying the farm from it.

Over confident that I could do that I went on to do the standard nodes on Uranus. Just an exterminate, nothing too rough. Well fuck me sideways if that isn't the hardest content I've seen in the game. Just brutally difficult alone, it took me close to 45 minutes to work through 177 kills and escape. Was keeping my eye out for a scan as well that kicks off a quest line, but unfortunately didn't see it.

Figured out why you need the Archwing as well, or rather stupidly enough the game tells you that the levels are submersible, it came as a surprise when I reached a dead end and ended up transforming seamlessly from on foot to Archwing mode. It's much slower paced to the space combat which I think is better overall for that type of mission. Not that it's brilliant by any means, but it's pretty and it makes for a change. Plus I might get to level up the Archwing now it's dropping it in mid mission on some tile sets, so that's nicer than being forced into Archwing only missions.

So there's this requirement for opening the Neptune Junction where you have to finish 5 levels using melee only. This raises a question. Does the Archwing count? Because if it does and the tile set screws you over forcing you to run through the watery crevices of Uranus, you're going to have to shoot.

Also, I think it might be a Limbo thing. The game has basically given us Limbo before this point and I think it's for a reason I discovered whilst clawing my way through that extermination. Limbo feels like a rogue. You can hit a set of enemies with the rift and it knocks them on their arses, then you dodge towards them entering the rift you just knocked them into and stab away, if it gets out of hand you send them back to where they came from and recuperate.As long as there's not scores of enemies you can slowly unpick the mobs by doing this, I did it on my own but I can imagine it being much quicker and easier with a group. It feels like the more obvious thing to do rather than trying to go through it with a preferred frame because of the rift jumping can basically cut out huge sections of the game and allow you to get away with stuff that would get you killed usually.

I'm still not entirely sure how to use Limbo's other skills. Some of them I just don't understand at all. It feels like there's a lot of testing to be done to see what exactly can and can't be done while you're in the rift. I'm pretty sure the 4th skill anyone can enter it, the inside of the bubble being in the rift and the outside being material. If you are in the rift than you regenerate special while you're there meaning that theoretically allies can go into these bubbles and get a bit of free energy. That's going to be really really good for Ember, but I can imagine frames like Oberon being able to keep heals up 100% of the time if used right. There's a lot of possibilities there waiting to be explored.