Sambob

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Sly Reflex said:

It's all installed and I'm ready to go. I'm so fucking hesitant about it all though. Considered streaming or recording if people want to laugh at my inability to do anything.

Oh please stream/record it :D

Don’t be afraid to look stuff up, watch YouTube guides on bosses or call in co-op help.

I’d watch if you stream, also can probably jump in if you need a hand.

The best advice I can give is find a basic guide on the best order to go to locations, as it can be frustrating not knowing the best plan of action.

You shouldn't need a guide but yeah if it's start to frustrate then look stuff up. It's not a game you can rush first time. So bare that in mind and take your time. Think like a Dev - if a situation looks like you might get jumped, or a trap, anything - then trust ya gamer guts ?

And yeah stream it. If I'm free I'll watch ?

How far does agro usually pull mobs in this? I need to practice fighting that absolute unit that's braying on the door, but I cannot be fucked fighting that rugby team worth of fire wielding fucks. I think it might be a case of bezzing through the scrum and just dealing with the straddlers and then going toe to toe with the breezeblock cunt until I figure out enough patterns to be able to beat him without throwing fire. I know the fire is there to help with situations like that, but that's the easy way out and having the Molotovs on hand might not always be a cert. Having the standard weapons is. That's why it needs to die by the sword.

3 hours ago, Nag said:

Do you know about staggering enemies with your pistol (if you're even running with that) then the follow up visceral attack, those big ugly bastards are made for that tactic.

Oh, how the tables have turned.. :) 

He specifically needs to get past the bonfire mob, up the stairs, past the wolves and into the house to unlock the gate by the lamp.

I think you had the core strategy down pretty well. Just take it slow and only pull a couple at a time.

I seem to remember there’s another shortcut, after the bonfire mob and before the brick cunt.

I think it’s by the house with laughing women and there’s some breakable boxes on the left. 

I could be wrong but that might drop you on the path to the gate by the lamp.

If I’m right and you end up by two massive bastards, run past them towards some stairs, right next to the house that leads to the bridge. There’s a guy by the stairs but the massive bastards shouldn’t follow too far and the gate is just ahead.

Problems playing a game late on is I can't fecking remember much, so aid is limited from me. 

Definitely take your time tho. Every enemy, no matter how small, can end your run. When you get to a lamp practice on the parry with the weapon. Stuff like that utilising your time. The extra *souls come in handy.

*They're not called Souls but I can't remember.

Bloodborne is a game I'd love to be able to wipe my memory of and play the beginning again. Those opening few hours are some of the best in gaming for me. Going in completely blind, taking the long way around through the sewers to the first shortcut and boss. Incredible.

No stream today. I will probably do one tomorrow though, about 7ish.

I did jump on this evening before recording for youtube. I got a few levels under my belt and swapped across to the better armour. Starting to get a little quicker through that area as well, without as many mistakes. Being more awake definitely helped, this is not a game you can play when you're knackered. Being alert helps with the situations.

Don't forget your PS4 is always recording. If you do something you'd like shared just hit the share button and select save video; upload to YouTube later.  You can go into settings to extend the duration. I think mine records for an hour.

Yeah, I think that one would have needed present audience participation.A recording of someone missing an open goal isn't as funny as watching someone miss an open goal and then giving them shit for it.

I fought my way to the bridge killing everything. Took the advice to go through the dark room. My weapon degraded so I wasn't doing as much damage.Got to the last torch guy and hit him 3 times as that's normally a kill and just stopped hitting him because I thought he was dead. Turned out he had about 2hp left and he battered me. Had to do it all again. 

Not really sure why weapon degradation is a thing  in this game tbh. It seems pretty redundant.

I did on my travels start fighting the breezeblock dude and although I can't do it flawlessly yet I can scrape through. I've spotted the 2 guys down the path that I can practice on which is what I'll be doing in the next stream, mainly because I have nothing to lose apart from items which I don't mind farming back. Keep an eye out, it's coming tonight. Come by and berate me in chat. There's a link to the channel earlier in the thread.