passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

PS4 Hard Drive upgrade

Bigkopman

• 1 year later...

2TB is no longer enough. :(

I've had to delete a lot just so I can download even just patches.

I'm thinking of going external drive, any recommendations?

I want to use my internal for stuff I'm actively playing and have an external for basically storing everything else. So I'm not fussed about SSD for speed, I'd rather size over speed.

God knows, to both questions.

I've been clearing stuff for a while - demos, betas, PS+ rubbish all gone.

Now I've got some games I've completed and maybe never go back to but you never know.

Because of download speeds, game sizes and net caps, I'd really like to just have everything stored ready to go.

I have at least 3TB of games if all were downloaded, probably nearer 4 including all PS+. I've deleted a bunch of stuff on my 2TB internal, don't really fancy plugging in an external. If I had a PS4 Pro I probably would, as it has the extra USB port on the back. 

Automatically? How did you do that?

As far as I can tell, in the Storage settings either internal or external is set to to the default of where stuff installs to. I only get the option to delete stuff and then re-download them to the new drive. After I'm done with a bunch of them, I'll set the default back to the internal and then re-do that all again after I have a few more completed games to move across.

If you can just drag them over, that would be a big help!

Edit: never mind, found it.