Sign in to follow this  
Hendo

Hyrule Warriors

Last night when I was playing Diablo, I thought "This is more or less the same principle as Dynasty Warriors, except I'm controlling from a different angle". It is when you think about it. You're controlling a powerful dude that cuts through hoards of trash guys to kill a hard target. I'm not alone thinking this? They're more or less the same concepts?

I should give one of those games a go. I'd probably love it.

They are quite similar in a lot of ways but this (and I presume the other DW games) don't do the levelling up and new abilities as well.

There are new abilities and stuff but you don't see the difference as clearly as you do in Diablo.

Never really thought about it, but yeah i guess that's true.I do love a good Warriors game, the One Piece ones are fucking awesome.

Should get this really. Maybe next payday...

This is brilliant stuff. Ive no idea why this game type appeals to me so much but despite its single midnedness as it were I cant get enough of it - once I turn it on that is, for some reason I have to force that decision. It's quite manic, constantly running between places and sorting out everybody elses mess.

Ive just had the time line split and had a massive scrap with a load of Gorons.

Yeah, sounds typical Warriors then. You don't know why you play it, but fuck if it's not a lot of fun when you do.

Hope mine turns up soon.

Do you normally like Dynasty Warriors though? I feel like I'm missing out on some Nintendo goodness by not picking it up but I find DW so boring.

I only played Dynasty Warriors Next on the Vita but I pumped in 24 hours of mashing Square. If you don't like DW I cant see this changing your mind as the core mechanic is the same BUT... That Zelda lick of paint is just lovely.

I absolutely love DW games, used to co-op them all the time with my best mate. Don't play the "normal" ones often these days, but I've happily put 30 hours+ into both Fist Of The North Star and One Piece Warriors games.

So I've no doubt at all that I'll enjoy this.

Well this FINALLY bloody arrived today.Played the first level, and it's excellent. Warriors gameplay, Zelda fan service. And girls with big tits, because Team Ninja.

Played a couple more levels, it's genuinely excellent. I'm not a huge Zelda expert, so some references may go over my head. But it's fun, and that's all that matters.

Oh, and tapping my Link amiibo on the screen unlocked a kick-ass spinning top thing. Quality.

I'll be honest and say that if you find Dynasty Warriors boring, you won't like this. It literally just is DW, but with Zelda. There's some new mechanics, such as using classic Zelda Weapons in levels, and big boss fights. But the core gameplay is DW. So if you didn't like that, you're boned i'm afraid.

Do the smaller enemies still mainly just stand there as dumb fodder? That was what I didn't like