passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

PAYDAY 2

Sly Reflex

• 1 month later...

I was just reading up on this and came across these.

Still not working on Xbox One. From what they say they're rebuilding online specifically for XO so that people that play on that console can actually use the game as intended. As a gesture to all players of PD2 on console they're doling out $10m spendable which will hit our accounts whenever.

Also it looks like we might be getting some free DLC , Almir is being a bit coy about what other stuff will be included, but it looks like they have more to announce in the coming weeks.

SOURCE

I hope they throw in some heists for free, I know that some updates add stuff for free on PC, but to rectify the balls up they've done they really should be bundling up a vast amount of DLC and adding it for gratis. I'd be seriously pissed off if I was a XO player, that version wasn't fit for purpose. I'm surprised it hasn't landed them in court seeing as they've put something out which cannot be used.

I hope they fix some of the (relatively) minor bugs on the PS4 version and start bringing more of the PC stuff over soon.

I'm not opposed to paying for more stuff, it just sucks seeing how much more there is on the PC version.

Oh man. So if you didn't know, Overkill recently had a Road to Crimefest event which had players playing as their favourite characters that each had their own assignments to complete. Each assignment passed added to the rewards that would be added to the game. The first rewards was added to the game today.

I say reward, but what I'm actually saying is microtransactions, something which Overkill promised would never ever make their way into the game. They've ripped the idea from Counter Strike: Global Offensive where you play, you get crates drops and have to buy keys to unlock them (except in this case it's safes and drills) which is kind of shitty. The real killer is that the weapons skins they're selling actually influence the game unlike CS:GO where they're purely cosmetic. So now you can buy skins for guns that buff the attributes, essentially making some aspects of the game pay to win.

Understandably it's caused a massive backlash. Players are furious they're being charged for something they 'earned' and while you don't have to buy these microtransactions I can see why people are annoyed with Overkill. When you run an event like that with the promise that if players hit milestones you set and then you deliver skins that must be paid for for a stat boost you're rightfully going to get a lot of flak for it.The good thing of them rebalancing guns looks like a super cynical way changing the difficulty of the game as a way of enticing you to buy drills to open safes you've dropped. They've really fucked up by doing this and I can't see them recovering from it unless the rest of the rewards unlocked by the community are outstanding. There's only so much players will take before being pissed off so much they totally lose faith and stop playing. It's going to be interesting to see how it pans out for everyone because as it stands now nobody is winning.

It's getting so big that major game news sites are picking it up.

http://kotaku.com/payday-2-players-up-in-arms-over-newly-added-microtrans-1737195481?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Twitter&utm_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-10-16-payday-2-community-erupts-in-anger-at-addition-of-stat-changing-microtransactions

http://www.polygon.com/2015/10/16/9556337/payday-2-microtransactions-reddit-uproar

Plus loads of other sites that I cba to link. It's rumoured that Jim Fucking Sterling Son's Jimquisition will be about the whole fiasco as well. Shit has hit the fan, it's going to be interesting to see what they're going to do about it.

• 2 years later...

I just had a quick go of the PC version and the differences to what I remember it being are so far removed from what I remember the game being on PS4 it's mad. There's lots more characters to play as, but the biggest surprise is there's at least 20, if not more heists I've never ever seen. Scores of weaponry has been added too. The skill trees have been completely revamped to take all the filler skills out, or merge filler skills into one perk so that they're worth taking if you're going for specific builds.

Lots of new music as well, the only bit I recognise from the PS4 version was the Mayhem Dress in a Suit theme and Clean Getaway. Everything else I've heard is new.

Done some of the new stuff. Seems good. Also noticed some QoL improvements. You can toggle the AI to follow you which is super nice. You can also put bags on the AI too which makes life much much easier when slugging bags across the map. It's not perfect by any means, but it's still better than having to handle every single bit of luggage yourself.

Some missions have been broken up into endless missions, so if you wanted to just play the meth cooking from Rats you can do that now. I think there's quite a few of these endless runners now. There's a heist called Counterfeit where it looks like you have to stand guard over printing presses minting new banknotes that works off the same principle. I always enjoyed those types of missions, especially with a set of people that knew what was going on.

There's a new safe house as well, which has all the heisters in it which you can talk to to hear some soundbites. Interestingly there's daily, weekly and monthly missions that have certain parameters and mutators on them to earn things called tokens (which are the doubloons from John Wick for some reason?) so you can do up the new safehouse. On top of that there's side mission achievement things that do that thing that Bully did where when you hit milestones or achievements the area changes to reflect that. So if you steal that Bushido armour from the safe before anything else on a specific difficulty, it shows up in the safehouse to show you've done it.

New vault as well, gone is the little room that used to be, now it's a huge circle with 2 spurs off it that's full of pallets. I've no idea what it'd take to fill that up.

There's also this achievement that made me smile. I'll doubt I'll get it what with it being so far into the Infamy levels though.

This is my 15,000 post.

20180220201045_1.jpg

Played this all afternoon and did some of the new stuff. There's a lot of stuff where isn't really about robbing banks, stuff like stealing cars and breaking out people from prison and then getting them out of the hotzone is pretty cool. It's a nice variation like the mission where you shoot up the shopping centre for protection money.

I've really only played one bad mission since I jumped back in and what an absolute stinker it is. I hope that was a free one as I think people would have been up in arms paying for something like that, it's just awful. I'd be quite happy to never ever play that again.

Managed to drop in on a lobby where everyone sort of knew what to do, we had a steady stream of loot hitting the van and then on the final break we got this mad bag chain going where it was something like 15 bags long, it just sort of naturally happened, it was awesome to see.

Shadow Heist with randoms. Fucking hell, it's like being in a circle of hell. It should have been an in and out, but it got to a point where I just quit to the menu.

Got my first safe as well last session. Thought it was going to be a case of pay £2 to open it or whatever. Turns out you just open it and get a free weapon skin.

Also there's some semblance of a story mode been added to the game, where it takes you through the heists in what I assume is a chronological manner. You get extra money and XP bonuses for doing it as well, which is nice. Less time spent on the crime.net screen as well, stright in and playing without having to wait for a job you've not tried.

That's new. I don't know when they put it in, but it acts as the beginning of the 'story'. There's not been any heisting done by Dallas for 2 years or something and this is his refresher course.

Been dabbling in this whenever I have a spare hour to sit at the PC. It's generally held up quite well outside some shonky graphics. When you get a decent set of players in a lobby there's nothing to really rival it.

The new music is great too, it really fits the whole shit hitting the fan vibe.

EDIT: In fact I'll tell you why there's a new tutorial. It's because the original one took place in the old safehouse, which doesn't exist now. The new safehouse is huge and has loads of different rooms you can upgrade. Not sure why you would want to upgrade them if I'm being honest, but each character you can play is in there and they have a job or a place where they can hang out. They offer daily jobs and all that jazz.