passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Bayonetta 2

HandsomeDead

If we're gonna get all couch market analysis up in here then another factor to consider is that the Japanese market just doesn't buy as many console games all round as they did five years ago.

It will do better than Wonderful 101 and Nintendo or Platinum weren't at all put off by that game's sales so I doubt there will be many disappointed with Bayonetta 2. Their expectations seem to be in the right place.

It looks like it may need those review scores... apparently it's selling very poorly in Japan since release.

I don't think the first one sold in large numbers either, so they probably have a certain expectation. It would be nice for Platinum to have a big hit at least once, though.

Anyway I'm glad it appears to be getting good reviews, I hope to play it some day.

There are gonna be people just waiting for the opportunity to say 'I told you so' with regards to Bayonetta just being on a Nintendo system. Not saying you are one, Nag, I'm just saying why some sites will run an article from that angle.

But to think long term it would be better if fans routed for the game, though, even if they don't have a Wii U. Bayonetta 2 may not leave that system but if it does well enough, and keeps the franchise relevant and an audience wanting more then I can't see why Bayonetta 3 couldn't end up being an Xbone/PS4 title since Sega does still hold the rights for the series (just not for Bayonetta 2 individually). It's up to them, really.

Just watched that 4 minute trailer and I cant tell whats going on for the majority of it. I hope this does well for the sake of Nintendo getting big name games, but for me this isnt one of the big name games I was that looking forward to being Nintendo exclusive.

Is it the one that starts on a jet plane and ends on the top of a moving train?

I played that demo at EGX a couple of weeks ago, it was ace and made me want to play the first one again.

There's a new power mapped to the left bumper on the pad, I wasn't sure what it was. I just pressed the button when it popped up on screen and carried on beating on the big enemy thing.