passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Streaming Recommendations

Hendo

I haven’t got as far as series 10, I think I got about 5 series in before I felt like I overloaded myself on the show. I like it but it gets a bit much after a while.

I’ve also started series 3 of Fargo. McGreggor is doing a (couple of) good job(s) so far. Only one or two episodes in (last thing I saw was woman from Scott Pilgrim counting, followed by the air conditioner). Grim and tragic already. It’s not gonna end well for anyone.

Yeah. It's very much a case of an episode or two every 3 or 4 days. It's usually my go to show when I don't know what I want to watch. I think they know it's gone on too long and sort of take the piss with some of the plots. It's very self aware on some of those points.

Anyone else watching Altered Carbon? I read it many years ago and never imagined they would televise it (fantastic book!).

I am totally loving the series, it seems to have everything I want in a program. Once I finish it I want to take a day off and watch again it in one sitting!

I'm watching Altered Carbon and am enjoying it (two episodes left to go). It has it's faults - it can switch from Hollywood blockbuster to Channel 5 series special effects and there's some questionable plot points but the story line's great. It starts off as a murder mystery but develops from there. 

Loving Edgar Allan Poe as a clingy hotel AI!

• 3 weeks later...

Watched Derren Brown’s new special, The Push. I don’t want to spoil any of it but well worth a watch.

I followed that up with Marlon Wayans’ stand up Woke-Ish, which was surprisingly good once it got going.

I watched the first episode of Ugly Delicious yesterday, its like a documentary about food. Each episode they focus on one popular food and look at how its made in different places, the history of it, they talk about authenticity and different chef's takes on that food and its kind of a travel documentary too. The first episode was about Pizza and it was cool, and its made me order pizza today nyom nyom yummy.

On 3/7/2018 at 12:27 AM, Hendo said:

Watched Derren Brown’s new special, The Push. I don’t want to spoil any of it but well worth a watch.

Seconded. Me and the Mrs watched it last week and I was glued to the screen wondering where it was all going.

If it's not all actors and the person he was playing his mind games with really wasn't in on it then Derren is an absolute master of his craft. I only say IF because some of the things that happened were pretty unbelievable. And he definitely made the right choice with the one they picked.

• 3 weeks later...

I’m nearly finished with The Defiant Ones. 

How Dr Dre and Jimmy Iovine sold Beats to Apple for 3 billion dollars.

With my taste in music it’s pretty much perfect.

Loads of footage I’d not seen of NWA behind the scenes while making Straight Outta Compton in the studio. Loads of Trent Reznor.

Really well made, it’s a great story.

I hear Flint Town is pretty distressing stuff. I can imagine from following some stuff on the news.

I just had a notification that series 2 of Series of Unfortunate Events is up now, so that’s yet another thing to add to my long list.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/15/2018 at 10:14 AM, Hendo said:

Started watching Evil Genius. Only one episode in and it’s already utterly bizarre.

Truth really is stranger than fiction.

I just came on to mention Evil Genius. We watched it all in two sittings, it’s a fucking bonkers tale. Watch it.

3 minutes ago, illdog said:

I just came on to mention Evil Genius. We watched it all in two sittings, it’s a fucking bonkers tale. Watch it.

I’ll put this in spoilers just in case anyone would be sensitive to a mild spoiler.

What do you reckon to the involvement of the guy who got bombed? I was listening to a podcast about this show and they seemed to think that the show paints him as a victim, but I came away convinced he was completely in on it. But I don’t think he thought the bomb was real until right before it exploded.