passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Grand Theft Auto V

Hendo

• 2 weeks later...

I just had a gander at the leaked songs. I'm really disappointed.

In an age where satellite radio is a big thing and you can have any station in the world pushed directly to your car they've really let it slip through their fingers. There's a lot of big songs in there but hardly any of them are what you'd pick if you were to put a GTA song listing together.

Hopefully the one radio station that does stand out has a presenter that reflects currently how we feel about all the Operation Yewtree stuff. If it isn't a British pop picking super relic with an OTT way of presenting, a total disconnection from reality and an alleged perchance for sexual adventures with people younger than the age of consent, then R* have seriously dropped the ball.

Rockstar has requested that online retailers hold off from dispatching copies of Grand Theft Auto 5 until September 16 in an effort to ensure early copies don't reach customers in advance of the official September 17 release date.

In an email sent to customers this evening, UK retailer GAME said that "GTA V is released on 17th September and Rockstar, who publish it, have worked very hard to make it the biggest gaming launch ever.

"They have requested that no UK retailer despatch GTA V before the 16th September and GAME, along with all reputable retailers, will respect this request."

GAME states that it will be processing orders earlier than normal "due to the epic size" of Rockstar's upcoming title, before reiterating that orders will not reach customers early.

The issue of online retailers dispatching copies well in advance of release date has led to one UK retailer - ShopTo.net - choosing not to stock copies of one of this year's biggest games.

Back in May, ShopTo announced that it would not be stocking this November's Call of Duty: Ghosts due to "contractual reasons and [a] delivery policy agreement".

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/gta5/news/rockstar_has_requested_that_no_uk_retailer_dispatch_gta_5_before_september_16.html

I'm sure there's arguments to be made for stopping retailers like shopto posting stuff out early, making sure everyone is on a level playing field and all that, and I can sort of see that there might be a benefit to people wetting themselves at midnight to get the game from massive queues at supermarkets and Game, but that would probably happen anyway

edit: I originally read that as shopto not socking GTA, they are, it's cod they aren't (not sure why VG have written it like that)

I still think it is all one massive lie and at when you pop the disc in it will say - Thank you for purchasing this game, please buy a PS4 to continue...

Love the end of generation games, I am not going to upgrade for ages, there are so many PS3 game I still want to enjoy, like this one :)

Was about to post the same as above ^^^ i do quite like the GTA games, but i just don't have the time to give this game, i get the feeling it will eat up all of any time i have free. I might pick it up if the release it for the next gen consoles or if its free with plus at some point but until then will pass.

She speaks a lot less shit than most of the other reviewers that will comment on this game.

Loved

Interviewer: "do you think its a good idea to let youngsters run around in a world that's so real"

Gran: "they're in the world thats real gavin, and its a vicious world"

Reviews:

IGN - 10

CVG - 10

Edge - 10

Gamestm - 10

Game Informer - 9.75

Nowgamer - 9.5

Polygon - 9.5

Destructoid - 9

Eurogamer - 9

Gamespot - 9

Slightly more measured than the response to GTA IV then... Can't wait to play it although it might not be straight away.

Also, Rockstar are warning people not to install the play disc, only the install disc:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-09-16-rockstar-warns-dont-install-gta5-xbox-360-play-disc

• 8 months later...
ORIGINAL STORY 3.41am: GTA 5 is coming to PlayStation 4 this autumn. Andrew House, Sony Computer Entertainment Group CEO made the announcement during Sony's E3 presentation, suggesting that the PS4 version will take full advantage of the new hardware and offer a host of new features.

On top of that, players will be able to transfer GTA Online saves from both the PS3 andXbox 360 versions of the game. Presumably campaign saves will be staying put.

UPDATE #1 4.05am: Via

, Rockstar Games has confirmed that this version of GTA 5 will also come to Xbox One and PC, also this autumn.

UPDATE #2 1.12pm: Grand Theft Auto 5 on PC, PS4 and Xbox One will include an array of visual upgrades and a few tweaked features, Rockstar has said.

The new versions will boast better draw distances, improved texture details and denser traffic. New forms of wildlife will also be included, as well as upgraded weather and damage effects and "an array of new details to discover".

GTA5's PC version will include a video editor for movie-making within the game's world, too.

Existing add-on content for multiplayer mode GTA Online is also expected to be included.

"Grand Theft Auto 5 looks and feels stunning enhanced by the power of these new platforms," Rockstar founder Sam Houser said in a statement. "We can't wait for players to experience a new level of detail to this massive world."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-10-gta-v-is-coming-to-ps4-this-autumn

• 3 months later...