passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Computer Questions Thread

DANGERMAN

• 4 years later...

? My computer is broken. I think it's a fairly simple issue, the ssd that Windows is installed on has corrupted. The problem is that I don't have another bootable drive in my computer so I can't boot from that, and I'd rather not buy a new ssd if this is a software issue, but then taking it to a computer shop will cost money I haven't got at the minute 

• 1 year later...

I've activated restricted editing in a document to avoid our people changing our template. With that feature activated, there's highlighted text between brackets to show where you're allowed to write and modifiy text and where not.

What's odd is that for some people, those brackets also get printed out, which shouldn't be the case, as it's just a visual guide. But I have no clue what they could have done wrong. They sent me the document and it doesn't even show the brackets in print preview.

It's too specific a problem for google, I couldn't find anything.

Here's how it looks when printed out (without the yellow markings, those are just there to highlight the brackets):

2021-05-11 09_05_45-Window.png

@Maryokutaiif they "print as a pdf" does it do the same as well?

I don't think it is this, but it is a bit like printing the mark up on a document. This link

https://www.howtogeek.com/232125/how-to-print-a-word-document-without-the-track-changes-marks/

is how to disable mark up printing, I'm not 100% that is what is happening, but it might be worth having a root around in the same menu's as the link above to see if you can see anything (you might have already done this of course)

@Maryokutai another link to a similar problem

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_word-mso_other-mso_2007/document-with-comments-a-grey-bar-appears-down-the/c56c7461-7797-4c60-ac83-f22d85fe6ec6

Good idea with the markup but unfortunately not the solution for my problem.

If I print as PDF it straight up exports the document with the brackets, which you don't even see in the preview page of the print submenu. 

It just makes no sense IMO.

Edit: Huh, okay, I found something. It seems the document wasn't locked anymore (our secretary has the password, seems like that was a bad idea in hindsight). If you print a document like that while the protection is deactivated it prints the brackets. If you turn protection back on it doesn't. 

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...