passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

A Song A Day

Hendo

Love this. Love the story behind it too.

"In 1993, I was invited out to an inner-city camp at Montgomery Bell made up of mostly African American kids from the W.O. Smith Music School in Nashville. Because I was fairly new to this kind of education outreach, I was nervous about how to hold the interest of eight and ten year olds. I had just written a new mandolin piece but had not named it, so I got a notepad and passed out a slip of paper to each child. I asked the children to listen to me play my new piece and to write down what they wanted the tune to be named. Some of the titles were fantastic; I could have easily used several of them. One ten-year old wrote down the title for my tune, “Butterfly’s Day Out.” It was so poetic. “Butterfly’s Day Out” would soon become a favorite, and one I later recorded with Yo-Yo Ma and Edgar Meyer." -Mark O'Connor

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I was talking to a mate online about going to see Red Hot Chili Peppers with support from Babymetal next month, which lead to having to find videos to explain Babymetal to them. This caused me to fall down a youtube rabbit-hole leading to this awesome video.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Not really into music. I think of it more as background noise than anything else. That said, I've always felt women are better singers than men, There are a couple of exceptions (Mercury, Bowie) but the range in this song is one example I give to prove my point:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So it's February. Only really known for the Lovey Dovey shite that ensures Ladies are upto date with their supplies of Chocolate and/or flowers. So time to plaster this thread with some ...less contemporary, songs of the season, until I (hopefully) go away on the stag do in under two weeks. First up, one (NSFW) for the Nerds...

Of course 'Love' can mean different things, especially in this bonkers era. I found this little cover version from the 80's in fact, that perfectly sums up the attitude of our Modern times. Even the video is on point... Eerie 

8 minutes ago, Sly Reflex said:

For someone who doesn't like music you sure Know a lot of music. :lol:

EDIT ?

I grew up with parents that have a broad range of musical tastes. It was always playing in the background. Some know-how did sink in.