passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Giant Bomb Mega Thread

David

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.giantbomb.com/tv/ is a new thing.

They’re streaming pretty much all their videos constantly rotating through them, with random polls going up to choose the next video.

A cool feature, considering how many there are, at this point. Might be premium members only, not sure.

Also the Bombcast is good this week. Starts with a long piece on a game we can’t talk about anymore.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah mine ran out the week before the sale started. I didn't realise it was more expensive, but I've watched a lot more content than I expected too. 

I think I could live without the west coast content though, Ranking of Fighters is alright everything else is either boring or irritating. Brad playing State of Decay stole my life force, and when I flicked on the other day Ben was on a website opening loot boxes 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I’m glad you pointed that out cos I was watching live and gave up after half an hour because the game was so terrible. Just gone back and watched the end now and can’t tell if that was an act or not.

• 3 weeks later...

The new premium series from GBeast is Alex playing through Mass Effect. I loved episode 1, just Alex and Vinny playing through the game with no gimmicks. Vinny clearly loves the game and the  world building and is excited for Alex to experience it.

I agree with the first comment, it totally should have been called 'Alexy Quest'.

Yeah Alexy Quest is a much better name.

I’ve started the new episode but not got far as yet.

East Coast as usual are doing some much better ideas over the West Coast, though the new co-op series has some potential even if 50% of it is Ben. He’s just not very good.

I couldn't get to the end of the first episode of the God Hand, and barely got 5 minutes in to the thing he's doing with Jan. I don't mind Ben, he can be funny, but diverts things so much he needs to be on with someone who fits. He's good with Abby mostly, but anything that's him and Brad is an instant switch off 

What’s everybody’s opinion of Abby? I started off really liking her, she was a nice change of pace. Once she seemed to become comfortable with being on the podcast and on features I started to find her a little arrogant. She had sounded a little flippant at times, sometimes a little bored. I know she’s probably joking but she sometimes makes a big deal of being an internet celebrity but her comments about social media on the podcast make me think she believes it. Just of late I’ve found her to be a bit better again, a little more up beat.

To be fair we don’t know what goes on in their lives which can affect how people come across.

Yeah I thought she was great until the game of the year podcasts, in which she was insufferable.

She also (possibly joking, posssibly not) seems to openly dislike the community at times, also as you say, makes it clear a lot of their stuff bores her.

I’m pretty sure she’ll be the next to go, off for a Patreon funded terrible comedy project.

I like Abby. GB have always been a bit shitty about their community for me, particularly 'chat', maybe it's not meant how it comes across. Abby seems to be heavily influenced by the Waypoint lot. Maybe she is getting a ton of abuse, I can't say I've seen it (although I imagine game of the year was pretty bruising for her). 

She handles herself way better than I would have done at her age in her position, and she's a good counterbalance to Dan. Tbh, there's no one on the East Coast I don't like. I definitely wouldn't pay for the premium for the West Coast though