passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Giant Bomb Mega Thread

David

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Hendo said:

Just to further confirm that East coast has the better ideas, they’re currently doing a stream where Vinny has brought in all his old SNES carts and they’re picking out two random games and playing one of the two.

I think that "load our last save" feature goes back 7 or 8 years.

My current favourite is Alex playing Mass Effect, the east does have it's share of duds, too. Like Dan playing the old Metal Gear games, and the wrestling game one. They tend to pick the more interesting games (imo) for quicklooks, though.

yeah, I've not finished the podcast yet, but so far, if anything, he's been a bit quiet

It's a shame, because when he first started I quite liked Ben. The past few months though he's been a bit shitty about things and seemed to just be cynical and make awful jokes. He was good on the Garfield videos though, and him and Abby make a really good pair, so I think he can do it

• 2 weeks later...

West Coast finally have a decent video feature!

Jeff Gerstmann playing through all the Tony Hawks games one by one.

It was strangely compelling watching him bang his head against some of the later level challenges.

Also it has a proper intro and it is amazing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I like Rory, but watching the live stream I'm amazed the rest of the staff don't snap at him. They were just watching a cutscene in Rondo they'd worked hard to get, Rory starts yammering away that "most people don't know, in San Francisco you can get..." then he got cut off, I'm not sure if someone did tell him to quiet down or not. He's a nice guy and he brings the energy some of the others lack, but they need to drill in to him that he doesn't always need to be talking, it's not radio

He’s the same on the latest podcast, Brad is reading an email and four words in Rory starts to answer the question.

He doesn’t seem to know stuff I expect a man in his position to know, like he didn’t know Soulcaliber 6 was out. There were others but I forget.

But yea, despite his ramblings I actually like his energy and occasional humour. He needs to slow down a little tho. He personally sorted out a problem with my GB premium account so we’re basically bezzies.

Also, that 10 year special podcast was good but it really hammers home how much better it was when Ryan, Jeff, Brad and Vinny were together.