passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

iPods and iPhones

Pikman

That’s some bullshit lol. I’ve had my 6S for two years and I’m gonna use it for ten if I can. Probably not though. According to the battery health check thing it’s at 76% maximum capacity now. Although I do have one of those portable power supply things so the battery is practically a non issue.

5 hours ago, DANGERMAN said:

fucking hell, over a thousand pounds for a phone!

Wasn't the last Samsung over a grand as well?

As impressive as the latest phones are I just don't give a fuck anymore. Give me a £200 phone ever 2 years and I'm good. All the extra stuff they can do now is pretty much superfluous. I know some people see them as status symbols, but you know what? That money in my bank account is a status symbol too, and I don't have to look like a yuppie twat peacocking around with a piece of glass that can be broken with an accidental drop.

14 minutes ago, Sly Reflex said:

As impressive as the latest phones are I just don't give a fuck anymore. Give me a £200 phone ever 2 years and I'm good. All the extra stuff they can do now is pretty much superfluous. I know some people see them as status symbols, but you know what? That money in my bank account is a status symbol too, and I don't have to look like a yuppie twat peacocking around with a piece of glass that can be broken with an accidental drop.

That and you're a tight Yorkshire cunt :P

I don’t have a computer or a laptop and my phone is the only access I have to the internet, my email, a camera, 4K video camera, all the apps I share with my gf to communicate anytime anywhere, music, streaming service. Everything you take for granted having both a computer and a phone and a tablet. So it’s not a simple case of being a twat if you have an expensive phone. It’s my computer so I make sure it’s the best I can afford. Without it I’d be level pegging with grizzly adams. 

I literally just upgraded last week. Apart from hugely better battery life I'm not seeing a huge amount of difference between the S9 and my 2 year old HTC 10.

If you're getting a new phone anyway, and it's the same price or less than you're paying, why not get the latest, but there's really no reason for spending 1k on a phone, it;'s going to do everything at the same speed as a phone around half that price

That said, if you can afford it, it's your money, spend it how you want

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

My contract was up for renewal so despite new iPhones about to be announced, I got an XR. Jumped from 10 gig data a month (which was always running out, every month) to a whopping 100 gig a month. I feel like I've been hammering it, and yet I have 16 days left to use 90.5 gig.

5G hasn't reached my area and probably won't for the considerable future (we only got widespread 4G a couple years ago ?) so it's not an issue for me but considering a lot of Android phones already have 5G it is a bit of a strange omission. I was reading about it in an article where they said it's because of a lawsuit between Apple and Qualcomm who provide the 5G modems/chips or something. 

I'm not due an upgrade for another year anyway so I'll most probably wait for the 11S/11S Pro in 2020. The OH is due an upgrade in July '20 and loves the Midnight Green colour so she might bite the bullet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Haven’t had a new iPhone at launch for years, I got the 12pro today, the screen is somehow bigger than the screen on my 8plus yet the phone is smaller...

Downside no charger or earphones, charger I can live without but earphones....a tad tight with you ask me, phone is expensive surely headphones wouldn’t of gone a miss.

Update and transfer all my phone stuff was quick 20mins...as phones go I’m pretty happy with it, will test the camera the weekend!