passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

iPods and iPhones

Pikman

• 1 month later...

Going to get my iphone today, getting it with tesco mobile.

Its a 12 month contract at £20 a month. For that you get the equivalent of £60 worth of credit, with calls at 20p per min and text at 10p. But you can have 5 friends and family, which you get half price calls and texts. I only call about 5 people at most anyway so this works out good for me i think.

The only draw back is having to pay for the handset, which for the 3GS 32GB is £407. Hopefully with the rest of my ebay sales, i should get about £350ish, so that covers the majority of it. Still, sounds like an horrendous amount of money..

Just been doing the maths..

Tesco's: 24 months @ £20 = £480 + £407 handset = £887

o2: 24 months @ £35 = £840 + £189 handset = £1029

meaning i save £142 over the course of 2 years.

Is 3gs really quicker?? i didn't notice at all, a mate has 3gs i set it up for him, and couldn't see any speed difference at all, is there a setting on it for the extra speed? or have i missed something!

• 2 weeks later...

I've been paid and am thinking of finally replacing my old sandisk with an 8gig Touch. I'd rather have more space for my music, and something capable of 3g net (so a new phone), the games im not that arsed with either, maybe some apps tho no net makes them less useful I'm talking myself out of it now)

Probably the wrong thread for this, what with the zealots, but any advice?

Bought an 8gig from fopp. Once its charged and shit its time to find out how much of my music is still wma, then get loads of free games and streetfighter. Also bought some ridiculous headphones (philips hd noise reducing) so hopefully thats the mp3 player dealt with for a couple of years

(edited for drunken mobile typing)

Moved to the iPod and iPhone thread. :)

The 8GB Touch uses the older tech, whereas the larger ones use the 3GS as a base, which loads stuff faster and stuff. Like you say though, you'll be using it mostly for your music, so it shouldn't matter too much if at all. Some games do struggle on the 8GB/older iPhones, though. I've heard very good things about STIV. It's £5.99 though, I may wait for a price drop.

I know ive said it before, but i fucking hate itunes, it really isnt intuitive at all. I've had to bite the bullet and start converting my music to aac, if the quality isnt up to it I'm going to have to download winamp or foobar or something and convert them to mp3 320 (assuming i can go that high)

Yeah that's what I can't find, I had a look in the options but i cant find it anywhere :( and right click gives me 'Create AAC', which I'm sure is different from my old itunes

Anyway it's done now, and I've got enough space for them all, if that changes i'll worry about it then