passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

TV Shows

Jimboxy

So, The Walking Dead. Yeah, I know. I'm miles behind but I'm so far in I might as well finish. I've only got as far as Amazon Prime will go with the stuff included in the sub.

It's actually been a few weeks since I finished this and I was going to talk about it then, but I've put it off because I'm going to lump in what I've seen up to in Fear as well.

Spoiler

Same old same old with TWD, it has a few decent episodes each season filled out by shit. There's uncountable times that they could have just shot Negan and have done with it. What are the others going to do? They all hate Negan anyway, there's more hate for him than there is willing support so a revolt would have happened if he was suddenly taken out of the equation. The whole Negan thing is just improbable, I just cannot see someone getting to that level without someone stabbing him in the back.

It's just improbable situation after situation. The seaside resort not wanting to join the fight. The stig of the dump woman, I have no fucking idea what any of that is about, they just appeared and became a crucial part of the story without any reason to be. Why does the leader of the scrubs talk like a Tomy speak n spell?

Rick being shit. Always at the start with the being shit and then growing a backbone to fight whatever comes along. It's stupid. Fucking Rick, get to fuck. More breakdowns than a FIAT.

Also this Kingdom or Whateverfuck. How the fuck do they produce enough to keep a tiger? I get that they have plenty comparatively, but what is the deal with that? Can it eat zombies without getting sick? How can we keep coming across these settlements like the Kingdom and Alexandria where the people are completely oblivious to life outside the boundaries. It can't just spring up, they have to have some knowledge of what's happening outside as well as knowing how to deal with it. It's been going on years now, people will have to develop skills to live. You don't get to live in a bubble when bubbles burst.

They set it up for a great first episode of the next season, but I expect it'll be full of nothing bar bits and bats until the season finale. Just fucking end it already.

And before I forget, what is the deal with Negan bending over backwards? I'm pretty sure if you let the cunt talk long enough he'd be able to limbo between your legs. You might call it a character trait, but I call it fucking retarded.

A few days I finished up Fear The Walking Dead from what's up on Amazon.

Spoiler

Without a doubt this is the most disjointed show I think I've ever watched. The military dudes are the threat. Oh, they're preppers. They have a ranch. A chopper is shot down killing a main character for no reason. The bad guys become good guys. But they're good because the Natives are bad, but then the Natives are good but they are bad because they're all cunts. The Natives have the daughter of one of the characters and she does a bad thing to do whatever. What the fuck. Nonsense.

A clearly symbolic weapon is used to solve a problem, except it makes more problems. Token pretty girl for some reason is in charge despite having no authority apart from she is main cast. Mandatory British actors playing Americans do deeds that put everyone in peril while other parts of civilisation are shown.

Where are we now? A sports stadium. A dam. Or the Hotel. The story is more fragmented than the hard drive of a paedophile frantically deleting 'stuff' that's got coppers kicking down his front door.

The front half makes way for the second half by the fall of the ranch, because Walking Dead gonna Walking Dead.

Where are we going from here? Lets meander for ages before deciding that the dam is a convenient place for all the people to end up living, except for Token Pretty girl because she is sad.

Randomly the dam is under threat from biker gang? Where did they come from? I thought it was the locals that were the main threat? I'll be fucked if I know, but since we've gone through all the usual tropes of military, rioters and brown people being the threats, we might as well cross off another well worn in bad guy. This guy's like Negan, if Negan was a bitch with a limp. See this guy is shit. He's surrounded by dudes that are 6ft and 20 stone of biker, but is some how the leader even though when you fist see him he's about as threatening as the granddad from Bread. This is survival of the fittest, a cripple with a back tumour isn't going to be able to lead a chapter of a biker gang, how can a biker gang be taken seriously when the leader can't even walk properly without looking like he's shat himself.

I can't be bothered to write the rest up because it's absolute toilet. Dam gets blown up.  Aside from main lady and the brown men from the ranch that were bad, then good, but are actually bad because they're cunts, everyone is left for dead.

I've seen more cohesive stories been told by lying 6 year olds. Utter wank.

Yep. Fear The Walking Dead is an utter car crash of a show. It's so bad it's almost good. That's an exaggeration by the way, it's clearly shite, and I'm almost certainly going to tune in for next season to see if it can possibly get any worse. Having seen the splash for it there's a character there that shouldn't be there, so I'm in it just to see how the fuck they managed to crowbar that character in just to see how  contrived it all is.

7 hours ago, Sly Reflex said:

Having seen the splash for it there's a character there that shouldn't be there,

Spoiler

Is that a character from TWD?

From what I can tell you're only a series behind where TWD is up to, but yeah it's become so bad over the last few seasons.

It's so formulaic recently...

The group get some new people on their travels, find somewhere to settle, Rick gets nice and chilled. A big bad threatens the settlement, circumstances happen to make Rick an angry shit, he finally stands up to big bad.

And Carl! He's such an annoying little fuck! Take the damn sheriff hat off you fucking pube!

One day someone will edit each season down to the bits that matter and you'll be lucky if you're left with 3 hours out of 20 hours of screen time. The Walking Dead is clickbait for TV, just there to throw adverts in your face. I don't get those obviously, because streaming way after the fact, but it's obvious that's what it's become.

TWD7

Spoiler

Also if Negan dies by Rick's hand by that fucking baseball bat there is officially no writing creativity left in the world. There's scores of ways it can end and if they go for that they're fucking idiots. Let Dwight do it. Get Eugene to man up and shoot him in the back. Make Simon get ideas above his station and cause a civil war. I know the death by Lucille is destiny, but destiny is overrated.

FTWD3 and TWD7

Spoiler

Yep, for some reason Morgan is in Fear's splash card. That makes no sense considering the Fear guys were west coast and the TWD is based on the east coast. Going off the picture on the card he's past the point of being mental because he's learned his stick bullshit from the hippy dude with the goat. Going off that they're near the sea on the east coast (the fisher women enclave told us this) that leaves very little time for him finding Madison and Co and having adventures with them before stumbling across Alexandria, which is somewhere south of Washington DC. We know this because Eugene was on his 'secret mission' to get himself to there with his crew when they picked up the Scientologist and Glenn.

When the dam stuff was going down with the Proctors they said to Alicia that they were taking her to Texas, so that could mean they're in the gulf now and that Madison might end up going that way as well. It's already kind of implausible that Madison's crew has gotten that far even when you factor in the yacht. The USA is huge. TWD originally started in Georgia and is now based somewhere around the coast. Going off the bits we've learned I'm guessing their somewhere inland in Virginia. That's the opposite way from FTWD.

So that gives Morgan a tiny window to go right across the country to Texas or further and then all the way back, or Madison is going to have to go all the way to the middle ground (maybe Alabama since it mentions that's where she is from) which is next to Georgia. Unless a fuckload of time passes in Fear from this season to the next to allow this meet up to happen and also for them to have adventures, UNLESS - Morgan leaves the crew and joins theirs, which is unlikely since I think he's sort of part and parcel of Ricks war. It, might be possible because he's not mentioned any of the cunts featured in Fear. I'm sure he'd have told Rick and company about a sociopath blonde woman he'd spent time with.

I don't know, whole things a right mess. The timelines and distance covered to allow this crossover to happen doesn't make sense right now. Going off Fears writing it won't even make sense when I've seen it.

Yeah, TWD stuff is fucking bollocks at this juncture.

• 3 weeks later...

I’m watching the Unabomber drama on Netflix. It’s pretty good and has some fairly well known names and faces with it, like Sam Worthington, Mark Duplass, Paul Bettany and Jane Lynch.

I only knew that bare details of the Unabomber case so although there’s obviously some poetic license, it’s taught me a lot about the case.

• 1 month later...

So i was speaking to a friend about the above and how weird it's it's on SYFY. And he was like they're are putting out good shit, have you seen the Grant Morrison's Happy! adaption (no , but 2 nights later i'd watch the whole of season 1) low bidget but fuck it's good...my type of show..

Renewed for a second season too. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 17/06/2018 at 16:45, Nag said:

Has anyone watched The Handmaid's Tale? We did the first season on Now TV and the second season is currently showing on Channel 4... I seriously rolled my eyes when the missus said she wanted to watch it but it's turned out nothing like I imagined, the whole thing is really pretty dark.... 

It has real life Miranda from Mass Effect in it too, she's a mega bitch.

Same situation, wife wanted to watch it - I had it in my head that it was a period drama, but it's a dark, depressing dystopian drama.With the way things are going in the world at the moment, it's frighteningly believable as well.

Really good stuff, but pretty brutal to watch at times.

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/08/2018 at 13:08, smallofbooty said:

I read the book in the early nineties. Excellent, well worth a look.

I really struggled with the book in the early 00s. Granted it was because we were reading it at A-Level and the teacher kept stopping every 5 minutes to point out the phallic symbolism. Just let me read the damn book, not everything is a cock (except in this book. Everything is totally a cock)!