passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

TV Shows

Jimboxy

Just finished watching Dark on Netflix - really good stuff. Started off as a creepy generic, Finished off in an interesting place so looking forward to season two. Also started Altered Carbon - Netflix's new sci-fi show. A promising first episode with some interesting ideas backed by insane production values - they've gone all out on this thing. Very Blade Runner/Deus Ex so far.

I was excited for Altered Carbon until I watched the trailer and instantly went off it again. Might stick the first few on my kindle to watch on the train. Need to get back to Dark as well. 

Westworld S2 does look great, glad it’s back soon as well as it did seem to go a bit quiet. 

Altered Carbon is good but they've changed some of the basic foundations of the books and I'm not sure why. The author was clearly involved and the changes are totally unnecessary. That said, still worth watching and very high production values.

Dark the German time travelling thriller is excellent. A standout for this year already. Just make sure you watch in German with subtitles as the dub is woeful.

13 hours ago, smallofbooty said:

Altered Carbon is good but they've changed some of the basic foundations of the books and I'm not sure why. The author was clearly involved and the changes are totally unnecessary. That said, still worth watching and very high production values.

Dark the German time travelling thriller is excellent. A standout for this year already. Just make sure you watch in German with subtitles as the dub is woeful.

Yeah, I wasn't aware it was German until we started watching it - the dub is unbearable.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I'm pretty sure I've mentioned Babylon Berlin in some thread.  I thought it was this one but obviously not.

It's great.  It's an actual from Germany detective noir set pre WW2, and the culture that lead to the rise of the Natzis is part of the story.  So of course it makes it weirdly relevant for today in the UK.

But it's a German take on prestige television that's been going on in America and the UK.

I love me a musical piece so I really adore this scene:

It also has the most disturbing drowning scene I've ever seen as well.  It's a great show.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

It looks like a lot of current Cartoon Network style stuff.  Adventure Time, Gravity Falls and Steven Universe.  Stuff like that, so its not surprising.  Especially since no-one watched the 2011 series that was kinda The Last Airbender-like.