passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Final Fantasy VII

Sly Reflex

Love ff8 too. I played ff7 on the vita when it was released for download on there a few years back, and 8 actually. I love the series but don't know if I'm going to plump for a console version.

I only played FF from VII onwards. Is 6 any good and worth visiting these days?

The best way to play VI is on the GBA, if you have a GBA or original DS lying around. VI is one of the best rpgs from the Snes era. If you like games like Chrono Trigger or the DS Dragon Quest games, you'll love it.

I agree. Some think 6 is better than 7. And you know what? They've got a serious point. Excellent story,a great cast (Kefka is frankly a better villan than the admittedly brilliant Sephiroth),an outstanding soundtrack.

I played it on the PS1 after finishing and loving 7. I know some people say "urrr,retro graphics" and don't play it. Those people are fucking idiots,as its genuinely incredible.

If you can play it,id highly recommend you do so.

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

Thought it made more sense to continue posting about this in here. Had a little hiatus from this over the last couple of weeks but back in again now. Just got to Rocket Town but haven’t got Cid just yet. Spending some time in the surrounding plains getting characters reasonably levelled up. 

This morning whilst on the train I was fighting a partcicually tricky dragon in Mt Nibble who nearly wiped out my team, but I just scrapped through. On winning I half shouted “yes, you fucking cunt” at the Vita. I didn’t look around the train but I could feel people staring at me...

Yeah, same here. Arrived at Casa Del Sol where Hojo has got his Snoop Dogg thing going on with his bitches on the beach. Heading on to Barret's home town and found out why he has a shower head attached to his arm and how he fucked up Brexit for his town.

Considering how sad the story was going, it seemed to be the right time to go and play some arcade games at the Golden Saucer, including a Moogle sex sim, and then get kicked out of the saucer for suspected murder. (Not spoilering this) and ended up in Prison.

Seemed too much drama for the time being, a bit like an Ant McPartlin documentary, so saved it here.

• 3 weeks later...

I’m now tumbling towards the end of disc 1. Just shy of 20 hours. 

Spoiler

Aeris has gone solo to the city of the ancients after I duffed her up. Forgotten about that bit. Hope nothing bad happens to her..

I want to drop out of the story for a bit now and focus on grinding my stats, guess that ship has sailed for a few hours now though. 

Spent a couple of hours grinding around Wutai. Managed to get all my current spells up to their highest spell and even mastered one of the fires. Cloud has cleared Lv50 and everyone else is between 40-45. Defeated Yuffies dad in the village and managed to learn Trine on both my enemy skill materias in the process. 

Think I’m probably powerful enough to plough on through to the end really (still haven’t finished disc 1 yet) but planning on spending time doing all the side bits once it opens out again on disc 2. 

• 2 weeks later...

Nearly at the end game now. About to return the Midgar to finish off Hojo and Shinra once and for all, which brings me to disc 3. Going to aim for golden chocobo/knights of the round before finishing off the game I think. 

2 hours ago, ThreeFour said:

Ooooo. Not tempted to take on Emerald/Ruby with your Knights of the Round @Jimbo Xiii? might need some mimic and X4 stuff, or the like, from what I remember. Set it going and go play something else for an hour till it finishes ?

Emerald will get done, would like to best Ruby as well as I never managed first time around. Started the chocobo catching and breeding over lunchtime. Will probably end up putting in another 20-30 hours with the faffing about.