passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

God Hand

HandsomeDead

It's brilliant, just brilliant.

I should just leave it at that because thats what it is. I'm going to be honest and say the story is like the worst Jackie Chan film you've ever seen and the graphics and level design are that of budget title. The game at it's core though, it's spectacular. The combo system will be familiar to anyone who's played Devil May Cry but the difference here is that you have loads of indervidual moves that can be assigned to make your own combos which intern lets you be creative with beating the fuck out of any hunk, midget, fat bloke, Mexican wrestling Gorilla, whip wielding seductress or sexual deviant that gets in your way.

It's just a game that either has you laughing at the ridiculousness of the characters and story or even at stuff in game. There was a part where there were some knife throwing shits on a Roman type piller... in a wild west style level... and I destroyed the pillers with my fists and as the knife guy fell to the ground I timed my charged kick perfectly so he hit my foot before he hit the ground which launched him fifty metres westward.

To be honest I am playing it on easy and I'm still getting my arse handed to me but it's never unfair, you always know what you should of done so you never have to replay sections much. You really have to get into the depth it has, all block breaking moves, charge attacks and juggling are all there ready to be used and I suppose, exploited. Anyone into action games of this ilk should get it.. now. It's now knocked off Ninja Gaiden as my favourite modern beat'em'up.

I am now really, really looking forward to both Madworld and Bayoneta now.

Also includes kicking people in the balls in a Rick Flair stylee' and suplexing grunts (or a Mexican wrestling Gorilla's) faces into the sand... like I said, brilliant, just brilliant.

Weren't you listening?

Aye, just pulling your leg.

I've got this and shamefully I've only played it for about 20 minutes, even though those 20 minutes were fabulous. Thinking about it, I've put in more time playing the atrocious Sopranos: Road to Respect than I have playing God Hand. Why why why?

Weren't you listening?

Aye, just pulling your leg.

I know, and I was pulling yours and you didn't notice. How could you just play 20 mins. I was on it 2 hours and din't want to put it down but I had things to do. :(

It was the hut where I got it from, Ben. It seemed silly to turn down that deal.

I know, and I was pulling yours and you didn't notice.

haha. I thought you were genuinely baffled that I hadn't read your post properly.

How could you just play 20 mins. I was on it 2 hours and din't want to put it down but I had things to do. :(

I dunno. There are lots and lots of games that suffer a similar fate. There are simply too many games. I probably stopped playing so I could play Skate or Kororinpa or something. Why I then stick with utter shite like Sopranos for hours on end is one of the universe's mysteries.

I will play God Hand again and give it the time it deserves. I expect I'll get my arse kicked though.

• 9 years later...

9 year bump.

They’re doing a premium series of this on Giant Bomb right now, with the end goal of keep going till they finish it.

I realised that I’ve barely even seen any footage of it before, let alone played it.

The craziest thing about the brutality of it is that you can actually level down as well as level up.

I thought when restarting from a checkpoint yo would be back to your previous level up, but nope!