passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Sambob

Played about an hour of it so far, and its pretty much the PS2s version of Zelda. Its weird because there is something stopping me from getting into it, its taking me a good 20 minutes each play to be used to it and then once ive done a major thing I dont feel inclined to get on to the next one...

The graphical style is nice, but just nice, its so blurry that I think thats one of the things that requires you to spend a few minutes getting used to before you are happy with it...I think it could have quite easily be done on the Gamecube. There are one or two standout minutes in the graphical style that make you appreciate the difference, but on the whole I kind of feel like im playing an Xbox game without my glasses on.

The story and setting are pretty good, like I said theres a bit of Zelda in there and also it reminds me of Goemon with its quirkyness and ecsentuated characters.

I know, it's a shame. I have it on the PS2 and it's one of the finest games I've played. It's amazing how it remains being such a classy game throughout and still have loads of boob jokes. A feat in itself.

I will admit it's a slow burner but fuck sake, guys. Most, if not all epic games are.

This thread is in an horrendous state. Look, Okami is fucking excellent, fuck 25 minutes, wait till u get to 25 hours. Stunning game.

Agreed, in fact I agree with David and DC aswell, there arent enought good things you can say about Okami

You finished it yet ill? (not that im having a dig, just wondering)

it does look like arse on the wii though, the still pictures look lovely, but the actual gameplay looks horrendous

i'm enjoying what i've played of it so far though (which admitedly isn't much). Although it did take me about a million attempts just to use the paintbrush for the first time chopping that rock, just not quite level...aaaaaaargh

AAAhh right, see ive only played three unenjoyable hours, the trick is to wait for 25 hours and then it kicks in :D

I dont think its shit, but I dont think its right that loads of places gave this game of the year on the Wii. Like Picks says, it doesnt look great and although its enjoyable I just cant get into it, not enough to play it for 25 hours for it to get good.

when i was playing the PS2 version i only played for about 5-6 hours and thought it was very good. Charming, enjoyable and interesting. I've got to admit i don't get the hate either.

I was going to play my copy a few weeks ago, looked in the box and its empty :weep:

• 1 month later...

I bought this today for £7 something from Currys Digital. They've got a clearence on (I assume it's nationwide) and another 25% off that, there was a few decent Wii games, one or two ps360 games, some of it was stupidly high though.

Anyway yeah, wrong time to buy it as I cant see me getting much chance to play it witht he Wii being in the front room, but it's there for when i can play it and I worry it might vanish from the shelves soonish

i've now moved my wii upstairs (onto the smallest tele in the world in the bedroom) and have played a little more of this, i say little because literally about 20 mins then watched the footy. it does seem fun though, and looks loads better not in hd, though gta 4 seems to be constantly calling me at the moment so this may have to wait

• 3 weeks later...

I've been playing this today, what took me about a lifetime first play through has took me 3 hours or so this time and I've just got me some bombage!

Personally I think the game looks great but I'm playing on an SD tv. The one thing I will say is that the parchment filter that went behind the graphics on the ps2 version either isnt there or isnt as obvious in the Wii version. I think it looks slightly more colourful, maybe even a little sharper because of it, but you can see the filter really clearly when you bloom an area which makes me think that's a video :huh:

The only downside I've had so far is the controls, there should be an auto front camera button for one thing. Fighting is a bit of an arse, button mashing was so much easier, but I've got the timing of the remote swings now so all's good. The paintbrush is tempermental, slashes took ages to get the knack of but as far as I can tell you have to do them ery quickly, and so there isnt any blue/green swirl. So basically is you're looking at the ground it isnt going to work. Making the trees bloom is also a bit of an arse, but if you start your circle above the ribbon and do it wide enough to include all the branches it works most of the time. The bombs work perfectly, unfortunately it's the slash and bloom you use through most of the game.

I'd forgotton how much character Amaterasu has, his/her reaction to things adds so much to the game. Despite the stupid control changes, and fuck ups, I'm still loving it, although I'm not sure I'll stick with it through it's 40 hours

i've jumped back into this after ignoring it for ages and i'm really enjoying it,not very far in but just bumbling around cutting down trees,the power slash is still irritating me though,spen about 20 mins last night trying to get the fat warrior in the first village through his training session with the dummies and rock before giving up, though annoyingly i managed to cut a tree down 10 times in a row just after that......grrrr more practice needed!!