passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Anime Thread

DANGERMAN

Berserk 1997 Anime Series Is Now Available On Blu-ray

The best Berserk anime adaptation to date is is finally available on Blu-ray with the legendary English dub.

Back in 1997, a Berserk TV anime series attempted to tackle the dark tale of the Black Swordsman known as Guts. It only ran for 25 episodes, but it is arguably the best anime adaptation to date. A fan-made adaptation dubbed Berserk: The Black Swordsman aims to change that, but while you wait to see what comes of the unofficial Berserk anime from Studio Eclypse, you can now catch the original series in its entirety on Blu-ray. 

The complete 1997 series is now available to pre-order with a release date set for March 26th. In addition to some awesome cover art, it will include all 25 episodes in high definition with the original Japanese language and English subtitles alongside the original, fan favourite English dub. While you're at it you can get caught up on the manga, which has been picked up by Kouji Mori and the artists at Studio Gaga using Miura's notes as a guide to finish the story. 

@one-armed dwarf

There's a channel on YouTube that has a few of the older Manga anime ovas, think stuff like Bubblegum Crisis, that era. 

I ended up watching Demon City Shinjuku, which I remember liking back in the day but woof it has not aged well. Hopefully Wicked City still holds up. 

Of the old anime I've started watching on that channel, it's all been a bit shit unfortunately 

• 3 weeks later...

If I couldn't play it, considering I do have the DVD Box of War set. It would simply be a display piece. Much like the special edition Japanese Volume 41 and it's CD.