passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Microsoft Consoles and Updates

Oliath

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Nag said:

What's The Vanishing of Ethan Carter like?

It's this strange Myst-like game where you're in this mad Eastern-European looking place and you've got to piece together some mysteries.

It looks phenomenal and some of the puzzles are genuinely intriguing, it's incredibly highly rated but I was a bit underwhelmed by it.

I guess if you wanted to classify it it'd be a walking puzzle simulator with supernatural elements? But yeah, it's a weird game to nail down. 

Worth a go I'd say, but not for anything more than £10.

12 hours ago, Blakey said:

I guess if you wanted to classify it it'd be a walking puzzle simulator with supernatural elements? But yeah, it's a weird game to nail down. 

This is what I'd say yeah. Never finished as it seemed to lack any compelling reason for me to want to go back to. I'd say it's definitely worth a try tho.

Play Edith Finch tho. That's great.

31 minutes ago, Nag said:

Just checked, I was mixed up with Everybody's Gone to the Rapture... What's that like?

I really liked it, but I have a Dear Esther bias so I think I always was going to.  It's set in an English village, if you've ever lived anywhere like that it's amazingly nostalgic, but it's very very slow. It's got a great story, but it's a story that's easy to miss simply because you didn't meander to the centre of a field or something. I wouldn't have said it was for you, but you seem willing to give a couple of others a go so what do I know :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Polygon: Microsoft is looking into acquiring EA says reliable source close to Microsoft (and others)

Some of the names being thrown around as possible acquisitions by Microsoft are, frankly, astounding, even unthinkable. But the fact that they are doing the rounds is instructive. The most recent one we heard (from a reliable source close to Microsoft) was, in fact, Electronic Arts. We also heard a whisper about Valve and about Korean outfit PUBG Corp., which Microsoft last year signed to a timed exclusive for its hit survival shooter, PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds.

Jesus, that'd be interesting. Would they do it like Minecraft, where the game is on every system ever and they reap the rewards, or would they do an 'Xbox, where all the sports are' kind of deal? (I'm aware EA have a lot more than sports, but that'd be a huge thing for them)