passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Twitter

Hendo

As far as I'm aware, the only difference is that the free one has the occasional add pop up, wheras the paid one doesn't. It's not even like the ads pop up a lot or really stand out either, so I've no idea why you'd pay.

I'm subscribed to a few people from 1up.com and N'Gai Croal from Newsweek as well.

It could come in very handy as Kevin Rose from digg.com gave away his iPhone through Twitter.

• 6 months later...

I signed up last night and added a bunch of people.

In the last fifteen minutes though, 3 users have added me and I have no idea who they are, productpro, NeverLaidAHandy, and homestylegaming. I'm not bothered about the last one as it's obviously game related and must have follwed me from someone else's friends list, but the other two. I'm scared! :unsure:

I signed up last night and added a bunch of people.

In the last fifteen minutes though, 3 users have added me and I have no idea who they are, productpro, NeverLaidAHandy, and homestylegaming. I'm not bothered about the last one as it's obviously game related and must have follwed me from someone else's friends list, but the other two. I'm scared! :unsure:

Sounds like spam. They add you to their watching list and that way you find out that they exist and so might follow them.

Bit weird though that one of them has no updates or web site in their profile. What's the sell?

Incidentally, Twitter allows spam to a certain extent, due to how it works - for example, some tech companies post some of the latest deals they have through Twitter. But if you only use your account to advertise then you get banned. If you get a lot of spam complaints then you could get banned.

Just downloaded that, external add-ons like that make Twitter more usable. Other than that you're just remembering to reload the Twitter site every so often.

Without wishing to bang the same drum, I found that the Twitter apps on the you-know-what phone make Twitter more meaningful and more sense. Like, "just post what you're doing!" Oh, right - "funnily enough I'm sitting at my computer", whereas it's more interesting being able to post on the move.

Speaking of which, http://www.twitpic.com is open to all registered Twitter users with your same username and password, and only just found out I can do this with my current app of choice. :rolleyes:

Prepare to be bombarded with pictures of the mundane and random.

Anyone bothered messing round with the search functions in Twitter? Where you put a hash symbol and then a phrase?

http://search.twitter.com

This means that if you put #favoldgame in a tweet and then say what your favourite old game is, you'll be compiled into the massive list of the community also doing that.

Other favourite ones I've seen are #haikuthursday where everyone writes a haiku on a Thursday, surprisingly.

yeah i'm really into it now, today i realised just how useful it is.

I was having a problem at work with a program called Sharepoint, and happened to mention it in a tweet, some guy that does sharepoint stuff said post the question, you will probably got an answer, and lo and behold, i did. Awesome.