Urahara

Films

Any one been to the cinema resently and want to talk about films?

Went to see children of men last night, and it was awsome. There wasn't much to the story but the fact of it being so real made up for this, and its been one of the best films i've seen all year. Anyone eles seen it?

I hate the Cinema to be honest to many inconsiderate little cunts making noise the picture is grainy the sound is stupidly loud i prefer DVDs where the picture is hi def and the sound is much better on my system atleast. This film though is one i want to see and ive heard nothing but good things about it so i may have to break the habbit for the 2nd time this year.

DOA is the most shocking film i have seen ever

not to bore you with the shoddy plot, acting, and cheesey effects, i will say this, The review said "teenage boys wil like it, no one else will". My review is " teenage boys with no brains will like it, everyone else will cut out there eyes by the end of the first 45mins"

went to see Lucky number Slevin last week and was amazed. that movie is between ok and good. The twist was kinda predictable(there's always got to be a twist in the story nowadays) but it had good humor and was well told.

Before that the last movie I saw was the 2nd pirates of the caribean A LONG TIME AGO and I thought it was funny and made me change my opinion on the first (which I had disliked).

RayJay wrote:

not to bore you with the shoddy plot, acting, and cheesey effects, i will say this, The review said "teenage boys wil like it, no one else will". My review is " teenage boys with no brains will like it, everyone else will cut out there eyes by the end of the first 45mins"

So you loved it then? ;)

I fancy seeing The Departed, as much as I hate re-makes, I loved the original Infernal Affairs trilogy of films so need to see this one out of obligation more than anything else. Most of the time I'm with Cent though, unless it's a big blockbuster than needs to be seen on the big screen, I give the over-priced piss smelling cinema a miss.

James wrote:

RayJay wrote:

So you loved it then? ;)

I fancy seeing The Departed, as much as I hate re-makes, I loved the original Infernal Affairs trilogy of films so need to see this one out of obligation more than anything else. Most of the time I'm with Cent though, unless it's a big blockbuster than needs to be seen on the big screen, I give the over-priced piss smelling cinema a miss.

I've been to the cinema 2/3 times this year i think. I dont mid it, and i never get problems with dicks messing around, but i just can never be botherd.

last film i went to see at the cinema was dirty snachez.

i have not laughed so much in a very long time.

that film is fecking mental!

My girlfriend and I have UGC/CineWorld Unlimited cards, it's £10.99 a month and you can go as often as you like. With the cost of tickets nowadays, it's worthwhile. Having said that, I haven't been in ages. Might go tonight.

I'll see if I can get The Devil Wears Prada out of her head and go see Children of Men.

Chinzon wrote:

I'll see if I can get The Devil Wears Prada out of her head and go see Children of Men.

You getting that shit aswell that damn film ooh it got some so so reviews in womens mag means its great im sick of hearing "we should just go out and see a film" i dont want to see that pish dammit like the entertainment writer in the Sun says let the women go see it by themselves.

TyranT wrote:

last film i went to see at the cinema was dirty snachez.

i have not laughed so much in a very long time.

that film is fecking mental!

Amen broseph, its awsome. I used to go to the cinema every week but not so much anymore. I love the cinema!

The last two films ive seen were both about football violence. Green Street and The Football Factory. I enjoyed em both cos im an orible cant.

So I saw Children of Men last night, and I have to agree with Urahara. It's bloody brilliant! Very convincing, very dark (reminded me in a weird way of Twelve Monkeys). After the opening scene, I knew I was gonna love it.

I saw Right at your door. Utter shite. Just unbelievably bad, its a guy sellotaping up his house for an hour and not answering his phone. Bollocks

I watched Unleashed for the 3rd time last night and i think its a bloody great film. Ok, it has Bob Hoskins in it but he gets hurt alot so its ok.

Saw the World Trade Center and Texas Chainsaw begins, click The Departed

World Trade Center is a bunch of americana bullshit really please avoid this its just they goto the towers the tower falls on them and then 2hrs of them talking utter shite. United 93 is the far superior film

Texas Chainsaw Beginning well its Texas Chainsaw you know what to expect not a shit film but good for the horror entusiasts.

Click the new Adam Sandler film is actually ok not on a par with his other films but a decent enough comedy with some quite good emotional bits

The departed - Fuck Scorsese just rent or buy Infernal Affairs if you can deal without seeing leo and marky mark its the same film but less shit.

I loved Saw and the second one - totally brutal films.

Shame though that I was put off by the tagline....

"Dare you see Saw?"

:(

I have to say that i LOVED the departed centy... and i have seen infernal affairs also....

i cant actually decide which one i like best, but i thought this american remake was done extremely well... and the cast was incredible... not too sure about Ray Winstone's dodgy accent though!

I guess you are right in a way.... infernal affairs probably has more depth... ah i dunno...

And careful what you say about World Trade Centre and United 93... i worked on both of them ;)

Oliath wrote:

And careful what you say about World Trade Centre and United 93... i worked on both of them ;)

You're a terrorist?!? :P